Chapter 35: Prisoners of War

Start from the beginning

"I suppose that introductions are in order." He said. "I am Lotor, son of Zarkon, and Emperor of the Galra Empire. A pleasure to make an acquaintance with the Blue Paladins. Steven Universe, and Connie Maheswaran."

"You know our names?" Steven asked, disturbed by that fact.

"I've done my research on you, with reliable sources," Lotor said as he looked over at Lapis and Narti.

"Lapis, you told us you weren't with the Empire." Steven reminded the blue Gem.

"At the time, I wasn't," Lapis answered. "But things have changed in the Empire, Steven. And for the better."

"How is this better?" Connie asked. "You're working for Zarkon's son. After everything that he did to you."

"I may be Zarkon's son." Lotor began. "But I am nothing like him."

"Forgive us if we have trouble believing you." Connie retorted.

"Fair enough." The young Emperor replied. "My father's evil has tainted the Galra Empire, and that taint is still present. I intend to cleanse it. We don't have to be enemies; we do have similar goals in mind; protecting the universe."

"You attacked a planet that was recovering from your invasion!" Steven shouted.

"Ranveig was the one who attempted to conquer Galaluna," Lotor stated. "I gave him, and my other soldiers order to find allies who'd fight by our side. Sending him was obviously a shortsighted error on my part."

"That doesn't change the fact that if you think we'll join you, you're wrong!" Steven shouted.

"The spirit of a young warrior," Lotor said in an amused manner. "I've seen it many times before. While you may have been treated better than most prisoners now, you won't be from here on out. Narti."

'Sleep.' The telepath communicated to the teens. Steven's and Connie's eyes glowed yellow and began to struggle. 'Your minds are quite strong for your age. But I am stronger. Sleep!' Eventually, the two of them passed out. 'They're unconscious but unharmed. I scanned them for any useful information. I gathered some, but I can't dig deeper without causing permanent damage.'

"It'll have to do," Lotor replied. "Zethird. Take them to their new cells. Imprisonment below should change their perspective."

"Yes, my Emperor." The General replied as she picked up the two teens with ease and left; Lapis accompanying her to make sure she doesn't hurt them,

"What about the other Paladins?" Acxa asked. "They will come for them."

"Yes, they will." Lotor replied with a confident smirk.

______________________________________________________________________________

"GRRRRRRRR!" General Modula grunted loudly; not giving Haggar, or her Druids the satisfaction of his screams as he hung from his hands chained to the wall.

"You're similar to a Marmora agent we've held deca-phoebs before." One of the Druids told the General. "He wouldn't break either. But unlike with him, we won't be so gentle."

The Druid fired another stream of dark lightning at the General, making him grunt loudly again. "GRRRRRRRR! GRRRRRRRR!"

"Enough, the Mistress wants him alive." Another Druid spoke.

"The Mistress also wants him broken." The tormenting Druid replied.

While the two Druids bickered, Witch Haggar worked at her table; mixing liquids and dusts together in an unholy amalgamation of science and dark magic. When she was done, all that was left in her mixing bowl was a black egg. The witch picked it up, brought it to her lips, and whispered to it in her demonic tongue. Cracks emerged across the egg, and a creature of smog hatched from it; flying into the ventilation.