Hospitals Are Fun!

Start from the beginning

"So... is he alive, or...?" Four asked as the doctors took Error from him and lay him on a gurney, "I sort of need to know."

They didn't answer him, just talking amongst themselves, shouting medical things that Four didn't understand. An older doctor rushed over, took one look at Error, and shouted something about getting him to the ICU.

And then they took him away, just like that. The older doctor approached Four.

"You're a friend, or...?" He asked.

"Uh... not really, but I do want to know if he's dead. But I'd rather you saved him, it would save me a lot of trouble." Four replied. The doctor gave him a strange look, so he sighed and continued, "Okay,  that and I want you to save him because in a way I do like him. He might not know it, but... I do care about him."

The doctor did not look any less confused. "...Right. I'm going to have to call the police."

Four raised an 'eyebrow'. "On me?"

"No, just in general. Someone did that to him, correct?"

"Well yeah, but how come you've never called the police when things have happened to him in the past-?"

"This has happened before?"

"...I guess?"

The doctor didn't really know what else to say, so he just decided to drop it. "...Okay. I'll be on the ICU, we'll find the patient's medical records and I'll, uh, look at the previous... 'incidents'. Oh, what's his name?" 

"Error CQ."

"Got it. Once he's stable, you'll be able to come and see him."

And as the doctor left, Four whispered to himself, "You never even told me if he was alive or not, though...?"

**

Geno had only been working for about half an hour, but he already wanted to go home. 

It was 7:30am-ish. Geno yawned, trying desperately to make sense of a patient's medical records. 

Something was suddenly dropped on the table in front of him, and Geno jumped. He looked up to see one of the doctors. The thing he'd dropped was a file, clearly a patient's notes.

Geno let out a long sigh and dropped his pen, looking at the file. "Right, what have we got?"

"Twenty-four year old male, admitted with... well, he's had the crap beaten out of him." The doctor replied, "And you're going to be his nurse, good luck."

Geno jumped up and grabbed the doctor's wrist as he tried to leave. "Oh, no you don't. I'm not the doctor."

The doctor checked the clock on the wall at the nurses' station. "I'm due in theatre, you're going to have to be the doctor." He pulled his wrist away and walked off. Geno was annoyed, but used to it. Though if the consultant knew about this, he might have the doctor punished... maybe clinical duties only for a few days..? Geno sometimes wondered if he knew enough to actually be a doctor at this point, he did sort of have to act like one a lot.

He picked up the file. The doctor was right: twenty-four, male... admitted for some sort of physical trauma... Geno was skipping over the information and completely missed the patient's name, until another doctor walked past him and called, "Hey, Nurse CQ! There's a patient with the same last name as you. He's downstairs."

Geno looked up. "...Impossible. People don't have the same last name as me."

"Except for Error CQ? Male, twenty four? Admitted with-"