Yoongi's Ending

Battle cries pierced your ears.

The forest filled with swordsmen, their swords drawn, ready for battle. There were at least thirty men, some familiar faces and some unfamiliar.

But one stood out among the rest.

"This is what an ambush feels like, gentlemen," Yoongi said as he stepped forward. "Tell me, how does it feel?"

Fear flashed across the faces of your enemies. The men in front of you dropped their swords immediately in surrender, and reluctantly the others with them did the same. They dropped to their knees and put their hands above their heads.

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Typical. At least my men fight to their deaths."

He glared at the men holding your arms, and they released you, as if by force. They stepped back, hands above their heads as Yoongi's men surrounded them.

Yoongi then turned his eyes to you and motioned for you to come to him. You raced over, unable to hold in your smile as you approached.

 You raced over, unable to hold in your smile as you approached

His lips pulled to the side. "Don't be so cocky, woman. You're in trouble. Let's go."

Yoongi waved to his men to finish their jobs. Whether it was to execute or release, you didn't know. Yoongi had hoisted you on your horse and led you out of the forest by the time anything was done.

You looked for Hoseok, but he wasn't there, and you realized that Yoongi must have ordered him to stay behind in order to protect the Rebellion. After all, Yoongi rarely stepped off the campsite grounds and left the men at camp.

Come to think of it, the only times you remembered him leaving camp... was for you.

It was nightfall by the time you reached camp, but Yoongi turned the horse down a path away from the main road.

"Where are we going?" you asked.

"To discuss some things," he replied flatly.

He took you past the camp and towards the training grounds by the lake. When you reached the end of the path that was too narrow for the horse to get through, Yoongi slid from the horse and held out his arms to help you down. His strong grip made you think of the time he had carried you through the forest, a lifetime ago. From that, and the way he rescued you earlier in the day, you knew that if Yoongi had ever chosen to fight, he could have.

But Yoongi wasn't a fighter. He was a guardian angel.

"You came for me?" you asked.

He walked ahead of you, towards the training grounds. "Don't make it a habit."

"I thought you didn't care."

"Don't get used to it."

You walked through the forest together, taking care to not put too much weight on your bad ankle.