Page --

Sunset...

Pink Skies...

Calm Ocean...

Fine sands...

Fresh air...

Tear falling from my eyes

and me...

Today is the sixth day since I've been coming here with a heavy heart

There are a lot of people today in the beach, but I feel like I'm still alone. There are a lot of noises, but all I can hear is the sound of the waves. All I can feel is the fine sands beneath my feet, the heat of the sun striking at my face and a few strands of my hair covering my face.

I never thought that the time would come that I would be coming here all by myself, with no one beside me.

Costa Kaholihoha...

The place I used to spend my time

The place where WE used to celebrate every important event in our lives.

The place where I said my YES to him.

The place where WE spent most of our time.

The place where he promised a lot of things to me.

The place where WE both planned our future.

Not until he cheated on me.

I was reminiscing some memories when I felt someone sat beside me. I looked at him. He was smiling at me, a tear suddenly escaped from my eye. I'm so tired of smiling every time I have to be with everyone. I'm tired of hiding the pain.

I saw how shocked he was when he realized that I was crying.

"Sa'yo na. Looks like you really need it" He lend me his handkerchief, still smiling.His tagalog was cute. Seems like hindi siya masyadong sanay magtagalog. I was just looking at his handkerchief. I really don't know what to do with it. I'm too sad and shy at the same time to accept it.

"Do you know what most people say? Sharing your problem to a stranger brings you more relief and comfort because they really don't know who we are personally. They may judge us positively and maybe negatively. But who cares? We don't know them, we won't be able to see them again. The important part is, you were able to let out the painful thoughts in you. After that, you'll feel like the  burden you've been carrying for so long had lighten" he smiled at me. He looked sincere.

I want to say something but no words are coming out of my mouth. My tears are just falling out of my eyes. I never cried like this to anyone. No one even knows that I have problem. I don't know, I just don't want any other people to pity me.

"Take your time. I'll just be here. If you have something to share, I'll be listening." he once again  smiled. Why is he so nice? Why does he have to smile all the time? Why does he have this angelic aura that gives me so much comfort?

"Why are you so nice to me? Are you also nice to others? Aren't you afraid that someday people will destroy all the trust that you gave? Aren't you afraid that someone may take you for granted for being too nice?" I asked him.

"Being nice is not a sin Miss. I just want to be nice to everyone and live my life surrounded by a lot of people loving me"

"I was once like that also. I was very nice. I help. I gave. I trust. But look where it got me?" I smiled bitterly. "If I were you. I would choose wisely the people that I should trust, and you wouldn't end up like me." I warned him. It's true. Because the time we gave other people our trust, that's also the time when we let them hurt us.

***