Chapter 19

I drag Ruel out the back door and into my little yard. I have a small vegetable garden and an apple tree.

Leaning against the side of the house is a ladder going up to the roof.

"Come on!! We might miss it!!" I say while starting to climb up the ladder.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Ruel says while grabbing the ladder.

"It's safe. I promise." I climb onto the roof and stick my head over the side.

"Come on Ruel!!"

"Okay okay just hold on a sec"

I help him up onto the roof. When he climbs over I go to the middle and take off a plastic sheet that covered a small couch.

"Woah" says Ruel.

"Come on" I say while grabbing his hand.

I lead him towards the couch that faces the setting sun.

My eyes are glued to the sunset. We watch the sky explode in different shades of orange and pink.

These are the moments I live for.

It never gets old.

Never.

It's the perfect day to watch the sunset. The perfect day with the perfect person.

I stand up and grab ruels hand to pull him up.

He wraps his arms around me and I lean into him.

These are the moments where you just breathe.

We can only see the top of the sun now. Rays of sunlight just shining over the horizon.

I look up to see Ruel looking at me. I turn around and face him. He grabs my waist pulling me towards him.

I stand on my toes and pull him closer to me.

And just as the sun disappears behind the horizon our lips touch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n
Finally right?

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post in awhile but I've been really busy. I finally realized that posting every day is a bit much.

So maybe I'll post every Tuesday?

Sorry this is super cheesy but I had to!!

Thanks for reading!!
:)XX