Chapter 4

This is not good. Also who the heck is this guy?

They're both throwing punches and Soon all you can see is a tangle of arms and fists.

all I can do is watch.

Eventually Joey shoves the guy onto the ground. He gets on top of him and keeps throwing more punches.

I'm unfrozen and running towards them. Unleashing my inner ninja, I kick joeys face with my heel and he stumbles off of him.

The tall guy is still on the ground. I push Joey away from him.

"Leave me alone And never come back" I say.

Joey wipes away some blood from one of the cuts on his face.

"I never liked you anyways you little b*tch"

He walks away.

I run over to the person and see how bad the damage was.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?"

I help him sit up and he just groans.

"Just wait right here okay? I'll be back in a sec"

I run into my house and grab two handkerchiefs and soak one in water. I quickly run back outside to find him lying down again.

"Here hold this" I tell him and put the dry handkerchief to his bloody nose.

"What's your name?" I ask trying to steady my voice. I put his head in my lap and start cleaning the cuts on his face.

"Ruel, Ruel van dijk" he croaks out.

"My name is Nica Williams. Thanks for doing that. you really saved my butt."

He gives me a weak smile and closes his eyes. I continue to carefully wipe his face and I notice a scrape on his arm that's also bleeding.

"Okay so I obviously can't leave you out here, so we are gonna have to go inside if that's okay with you? I can bandage you up there and get you a glass of water because you sure do need it."

"Yeah I think I can do that."

"On the count of three I'm gonna help you stand up okay? Ready? One, two, three."

There's a lot of groaning and heavy breathing but we eventually manage. He's almost a foot taller than me so when we manage to stand up I look really short next to him. He has his arm around my neck and is leaning on me.

I half carry half drag Ruel inside my house and sit him down on the kitchen table. I quickly pour him a glass of water and place it next to him. Then go get my first aid kit to bandage up his arm.

Ruels handkerchief is now covered in blood so I get him a new one and some ice to help stop the flow of blood. I notice some red marks forming on his face and I'm sure they will turn into bruises.

I sit down next to him with a new wet towel and and start to put bandages on different cuts around his face.  As I work our faces get closer and closer and soon our faces are only a few inches apart. I can see how beautiful his dark brown eyes are. I finish up with a small bandaid right above his left eyebrow.

His eyes are burning into mine. I'm so awkward I blush for absolutely no reason and look away.

"Okay so there are now a billion bandaids on you face so now I guess I'll get started on your arm?"

"Great, thank you so much." he says with a smile.

"Really, it's the least I can do."

I get up to re soak the towel in the  sink and quickly check the time. 10:16.

"Oh wow look at the time. I hope I'm not keeping you from anywhere."

"Oh no no it's totally fine. I was just going on a walk."

"A walk? You definitely aren't from around here"

"No, actually I'm from Australia."

"Wow thats so far!! What brings you out here?"

"Just working on a few projects of mine."

"Oh cool cool. Are you here by yourself? I mean you seem kinda young. Not that I'm super old."

"Haha I'm 16 but I'm here with my dad."

"Oh I'm 16 too!!"

"Now it's my turn to ask, Aren't YOU a little too young to be living by yourself?"

"Well my uhh parents both died when I was 8 so I lived with my grandfather until he last year. He left me this house and quite a bit of money that I can claim when I'm 18."

"Wow I'm sorry about your family."

I go squeeze out the excess water from the handkerchief and start to walk back to Ruel.

"Yeah well what can you do about it I guess"

We both sit In silence until I realized that if I'm gonna clean up his arm he's gonna have to take off his shirt.

Oh god I'm so awkward how am I supposed to ask him that?!?

I sit back down again.

"Soooo your shirt is kind of ripped and the scrape goes all the way to your shoulder And i should probably clean it up....." I trail off.

He smirks at me and then starts to take off his shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n
Sorry this chapter ended kinda abruptly but I didn't want to make it too long.
Also sorry for all the blood and stufffffffff

Lol how many times do I say "handkerchief" in this chapter? 😂😂

I'm really enjoying writing this book and I have some pre written chapters so I'll try to post as much as I can before school starts again!!

:) xx