Four - You Won't Feel A Thing

A/N: Hello my lovely readers! Sorry for the relatively slow uploads and sorry to inform you that they will probably get slower. I have a Phys Ed SAC on Friday and then exams in two weeks and I've actually decided to study this time. So I may not have much time for writing or editing but I hope I can give you some chapters when I'm not studying or at sporting commitments.

****************

- P A S T - 

Unlike all the deep, classic romance novels, he didn’t come chasing after me. He didn’t scream my name down the halls and beg me to forgive him for something he wasn’t yet aware he’d said. And there was only one thing I could say to that.

Thank. Freaking. God.

If you hadn’t noticed by now I didn’t do well with human interactions and even worse with attention. So when I escaped from maths with no one bothering me I was a happy girl; well, despite the nerve hitting statement that was still repeating in my mind.

“You looked like a bit like your father would once he realises his little girl isn’t so little anymore.”

I tried as hard as I could to remove this thought from my head but it didn’t work. My best chance was to find Anna, who would create meaningless chatter and inadvertently take my mind off my father.

But then I remembered she had to go to class early to study for the math test, so I had to accept the fact that I would be stewing over this for the entirety of the lunch period.

When I got to the cross over between buildings I sped up, keeping my head down against the pouring rain. It looked like there was a storm brewing with the dark, intimidating clouds looming over the school. All I could do was cross my fingers and pray that the thunder and lightning came soon.

My hair was damp from the multiple encounters with the rain, making me even colder than I already was. I shivered while opening my locker, which lead to multiple tries to click open my lock. My hands were shaking so much that it was nearly impossible to do.

But it wasn’t impossible and it did open. The first thing I did was dump my books in my locker, before tearing through my back to find my little heat pack. My family used them all the time when we used to go skiing. They are palm-sized, metal heat radiators that we slipped into our gloves to keep our hands toasty; which is exactly why I needed it for today. Unless I wanted my hands to turn blue and fall off.

Once my hands fell on the cool metal I grinned to myself, pulling it out of my bag.

It was a spoon, not my little heater as I expected it to be. I huffed, throwing the spoon back into the unknown depths of my bag. After a few more minutes and a lot more spoons, I finally found the heater and switched it on.

But I had nowhere to go and the hall was empty, so I kept the heater in my hand and thought. I was originally going to get my phone out to play Angry Birds, but I had some thinking to do. Although it was really just a million questions drumming through my head; all going at a million miles an hour while giving me a headache.

I just got my books and went to class as a distraction.

I shuffled my way to the classroom upstairs and was unsurprised to find it empty and unlocked. I slid in and sat by the window on the left side of the room. It started at about waist height and nearly touched the ceiling, running to each end of the class. Outside were the front gates and the trees dripping with water that was still pattering on the roof, although it had now eased to a light drizzle. None the less it was still freezing, so I shoved my hands in my pockets with one hand enclosed around the ski heater.