Bloody Mary

The alarm blared through the messy bedroom. A loud groan came from the tangle of sheets and blankets on the bed. A tall, thin teen rolled out of bed and walked to her dresser and slapped her alarm clock. She stretched and yawned, picking out her outfit for the day. She picked out a pair of ripped, black skinny jeans, a black tank top, and a black hoodie. She grabbed a towel and headed to the bathroom. She turned on the hot water and stepped into the shower, lathering her pale blue hair with her coconut shampoo and rinsing it out. After she finished washing herself, she stepped out of the shower and dried off, wrapping a towel around her hair and body and walked back to her room to get dressed. As she was straightening her hair, the window behind her slid open, and a tall, olive-skinned girl with long, curly black hair climbed in.

"You know, Lila," she laughed, "this room is a mess. Maybe you should clean it, maybe even do some laundry."

"Ugh, you sound like my mother, Ranae," Lila complained. "My room is fine."

Ranae laughed, flopping down on Lila's queen-sized bed, curling up in a fuzzy black blanket. She was wearing a black leather jacket paired with black leggings, a black t-shirt, and black combat boots. She had a spiked choker on and leather biker gloves. She had a silver tongue piercing, silver snake bites, and three ear piercings. She had a subtle eyeshadow on, as well as a glittery lip gloss and a bit of blush.

"You do realize you could use the front door, right?" Lila asked. "I did give you a key."

Ranae laughed, the sound like bells in the filthy bedroom.

"I know, it's just more fun coming through the window!"

Lila snorted and shook her hair out as she put the straightener away and started on her makeup. She swiped on some eyeshadow and eyeliner across her eyelids, creating a beautiful cat eye. She swiped black lipstick across her lips and stepped back to admire herself in the mirror. She decided to slip on a black t-shirt with "Pierce the Veil" written across the front in blood red letters. She smiled and nodded, having found the perfect outfit for today.

"Are you done, now?" Ranae asked.

"Almost!" Lila laughed as she pulled on her black converse high tops and swung her black backpack over her shoulder. She threw open the bedroom door and walked out into the hallway, Ranae following close behind. The sweet aroma of cinnamon waffles filled the air as the two girls walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning, mom!" Lila exclaimed.

"Good morning, girls! I have breakfast ready for both of you. I figured you'd be here," Lila's mom said to Ranae.

Ranae laughed, "Thanks, Marie! I didn't have time to grab anything at home."

Marie set two plates of waffles down in front of Lila and Ranae, and soon, their plates were empty. Lila looked up at the clock, which read 7:30. She stood up and took her plate to the sink, Ranae doing the same.

"I'll see you later, mom! I might be going out to lunch or dinner with Ranae, but we haven't decided yet."

"Alright, stay safe!" Marie told Lila as they hugged goodbye.

Lila and Ranae walked out the door, locking it behind them. The air was very warm for early March. It was about 75°F and it was very sunny. Lila saw that Ranae had taken her bike today. Ranae tossed Lila a helmet after she got her helmet on. She climbed on the Harley, starting the motor.

"Hop on!" she called over the engine.

Lila jogged over, climbing on the back of the bike and wrapped her arms around Ranae's waist. Ranae kicked off and soon the two girls arrived in the school parking lot. As Ranae parked the bike, Lila hopped off and pulled her helmet off, shaking out her hair and smoothing it down. Lila looked up at Ranae who was smiling.