Chapter 42 - The Soul Travellers

Start from the beginning

Her chest was hitting against mine as the sobs rushed out from her mouth without any sympathy while her body shuddered in my strong embrace.

"Lisa, I'm sorry"

"I know. That's alright" I rested my head against hers, still smiling in the relief and calmness I just gotten the opportunity to enjoy. It felt so good when I no longer had anything to hide from or to lie about. "I'm sorry too, baby"

We shared the warmth and the love we had towards each other for a moment; no talking, no distraction. We kept hugging until Chae finally got herself back, free from those emotional attacks.

"Lisa, tell me-" She put a small distance in between us when she grasped my face with both of her gentle hands. "What have you done, my darling?" She asked softly as our foreheads met. "Please tell me you didn't do it"

Looking down, I whispered to her. "I did it, Chae"

"No, God, please no" She shook her head in disbelief. "No, you didn't"

"I did, baby. I swear I did"

She nearly cried again so I gave soft pats on her back immediately, hoping that I could lessen the emotional burden she had to carry in her.

"Why did you-" Her breath hitched, sounding like it was hurting her each time she wanted to talk. "Why did you do all this, Lisa?"

I took seconds, inhaling my own pain when Chae asked me that question.

"Y-you left me, baby" The same heaviness tried to guard along my tongue. "I'm sorry but-" I sighed, closing my eyes when they began to water again. "...I can't live without you"

"Lisa, I-"

"Why did you leave me?" My own sobs were dominating my chest. "You know I love you, Chae. You know me"

"You shouldn't have done any of these" Her thumbs caressed my cheeks. "I know you love me but- I didn't expect you to go this far"

"My love for you has no boundaries, Chae" I sobbed that sentence under my whisper.  "Our love has no boundaries"

I brought my head up, giving her a long, passionate kiss on her forehead.

If only she knew how much I loved her, she wouldn't want to leave me again, ever again, considering the kind of things I was willing to do just to be with her. If only she knew how much I had been missing her since she was gone, she would know that being with me was the only solution to my suffering, and she should stay with me forever.

She should. She must.

Stay.

"Baby, tell me what happened?" I demanded for the answers to all those questions I had been working so hard to investigate.

"I can't"

"Tell me why did you do it?"

I craved for her explanation on what actually happened to her on the night she died. That would be the first thing I wanted to know and also the reasons for her to ask help from a demon just to get my love.

"I don't think I can, Lisa"

"Are you afraid of something, Chae?"

"Of course I am, my love" Our painful eyes met one more time. "We both should be. We shouldn't have played with that creature"

"We can still fix this-"

"We can't. Nobody could"

She cut my sentence off and this was the first time she ever acted negatively towards something. The Chae I knew had always been positive on everything, but not this time I guessed. That freaking Asmodeus ass must had gotten into Chae's brain about this.