Chapter 9: Realizing

Well what do you know guys, the update is on time after all! :) Today is the perfect day for an update, because I aced my test from yesterday and I have hardly any homework. It's making me feel great and in a good mood. Hopefully this twist gets you all really pumped up! ;)

Edits were once again minimal, but evern without homework I don't have a whole lot of free time, so I apologize for any typos/errors. Please don't hesitate to point them out if you see them! 

This story has got over 9000 reads and 300 votes, guys! Wow! That's absolutely amazing, and I can't thank you all enough for reading and enjoying this story! I love you all and think you're amazing, beautiful people. :) 

Enjoy chapter nine! <3 

Zayn

            ‘Who catches the eyes of One Direction?’ 

            I frown slightly as I begin to scan the online article. Lately, One Direction has been getting a lot of attention on our relationships, more than the usual. Liam just told me that it’s trouble and that I should look into it.

            ‘Louis and Eleanor are still happy as can be!’ 

            ‘Niall’s still waiting for his princess!’ 

             As I continue scrolling down, I see only the same things I normally do. The only thing only remotely unusual is that I don’t see myself along the list.

            Frowning, I scroll down a bit more before freezing, hand hovering over the keyboard. 

            Staring me in the face is a picture of Dana, climbing out of Louis’ car, her hand in mine as I help her out. At the time, I was only concerned that she would be hurt seeing as her health could be much worse then she’s letting on. I wasn’t thinking about the possibility of paparazzi or someone taking pictures.

            But as I scroll further down the article, I see multiple pictures of myself with Dana, each one captioned with something along the lines of, ‘Zayn Malik with a new girl?’ or even the really ridiculous ones like, ‘Zayn Malik in love?’ 

            Biting my lip, I curse and slam my laptop shut. This is exactly what wasn’t supposed to happen. Dana was supposed to stay out of the spotlight, and therefore out of the public eye so we wouldn’t have to worry about this. Being vague about her injury on interviews was supposed to keep things quiet and not have too many questions asked.

            ‘Zayn Malik in love’, I think. Preposterous. What on earth is that supposed to be talking about? 

            Sighing, I look at my laptop again. I want to see what the complete article is, but part of me knows that it’ll just upset me, which won’t be the best for everyone else in the house. 

            After another moment of internal debate, I flip the top open and read the rest of my part on the article. It’s basically all along the same lines of the captions, but when I scroll down to read the comments, that’s when it really hits me. 

            Luving1D Zayn’s got a girlfriend now! What?! 

            Niall’sGirl455 I would be Niall’s princess! But just look at the way Zayn looks at that girl… he’s in love with her! <3