Virgil

TRIGGER WARNING
BLOOD (i meant to put one on the last chapter and forgot to i'm so sorry)

I look over to see Roman sobbing on the floor next to a limp looking Remus. There's a huge red patch on his stomach and a slightly bigger one on the floor below Remus. Oh. That's what's happened. I watch as Aurora walks over, having seen what happened and hugs Roman as he sobs into her shoulder.

I'm brought out of my throats by another roaring burst of flames, forcing to put a wall of water over those of us in the room. Shit. There has to be some sort of way to bring him down. Anything. I push the water barrier up and it whacks Deceit in the head, causing the dragon to cough with smoke drifting from his nostrils.

The battle rages on; Neither side getting any closer to victory and I know Deceit can tell. There's a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see Patton. He grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the room into the next room where Logan Roman and Aurora are stood; Logan looks rather uncomfortable and has a black patch on his left cheek and Roman's face is still tearstained as the queen rubs his back. I walk over to Roman and hug him close nodding at his mum as I do so. He cries into my hoodie and I hug him tighter.

"It's okay," I murmur and then kiss the top of his head.

"Do you have any idea how to stop this battle? We've already lost so many people," Aurora says.

"I'm afraid I don't know. I have no idea at all." I shake my head.

"There's got to be something we can do," Patton sighs. I look down at Roman who's stopped crying and is now just hugging my torso.

"Deceit knows this has gone on for too long now, he'll make a move soon," I say.

"We've already lost too many people," Aurora replies, "We need to make the first move."

"That's hard to do when we are facing a dragon," I reply.

"But it's still Deceit. He's got his weaknesses, like everyone," Logan says.

"But it's still Deceit as a dragon, which is quite hard to beat," Patton sighs.

"Is there anything Deceit is scared of?" Aurora asks.

"Yeah but I hate doing this..." I sigh realising what I have to do.

"Doing what?" Roman asks looking up at me. I gently push him away and, feeling quite self conscious with everyone staring at me, start turning into a wolf. Weird, right? My vision is tinted slightly purple as my eyes are now electric purple. I look over at Roman who steps closer to me and rubs my head with a smile, "See, you can be really fluffy!"

I roll my eyes and then turn to face the door that Logan opens for me and I bolt into the room followed by Roman, Patton, Logan and Aurora each with a weapon of some form. Deceit looks almost shocked when he sees us; He knows how much I hate doing this, it's just uncomfortable.

We attack.

We attack with a new found hope that we could win. Fighting the dragon with the other nights as Deceit continues to fight back. There are so many flailing swords and arms that it's hard to get at the right angle to attack.

But we're winning now.

And Deceit can see that.

I know he can.

Soldiers start to drop left and right but it's hard to tell if it's from exhaustion or they're dead. There aren't many of us left and the scales have started to tip back in Deceits favour. Shit. Shit!

I think, I could well be hallucinating, but I think I see a smirk play on the dragons lips before he sweeps my paws off the floor with his tail. I land on my side with a thud and soft grunt. There's a flash of yellow and purple and I turn back to human. I stand up and look around to see soldiers looking at me in a confused way. I turn around and look at Roman who's looking between me and Deceit. The room feels bigger now that he's a human agai-

"What the fuck?" I frown seeing myself stood next to me. There's a slight yellow tint in his left eye though. Deceit.

"What the hell, Deceit? Impersonating me now?" Deceit rolls his eyes at me and I frown.

"I think you'll find it's the other way around," I scowl. Roman steps forward holding his sword out in front of him.

"Roman, attack him! He's Deceit! He's the clone!" Deceit points at me.

Roman looks at me and then points his sword at Deceit, "As much as I hate it, Virgil would never pass up the opportunity to die."

"So close," I smirk as a guard starts walking towards us with a pair of handcuffs. There's a panicked look in Deceit's eyes as he turns back to his normal self. He looks around before his eyes land on Roman's sword. He snaps his fingers and the sword disappears from Roman's hand and appears in his own. Without a seconds wait, he swings it then there's a searing horrible pain at the end of my arm and I scream out.

I look down.

Blood is everywhere. Everywhere.

My hand is on the floor.

Disconnected from my wrist. My breathing quickens. I can't breathe. Roman comes over to me staring at my arm. A medic rushes in. I'm losing to much blood. I think I'm going to pass out.

A/N
I've made an Instagram account for this Wattpad account where I'll be posting updates about this story and one I plan on releasing when I've finished this so feel free to go and follow it! The account is called: boy_who_can_fly