Roman

I watch as he walks off. The son of Maleficent. I still don't know his name, and he's ruined my damned sword! How dare he.

I need to talk to Patton. He might know what to do.

I walk back through the forest and soon I'm in the kingdom again. After making a beeline towards the bakery, I knock on the door and it's opened shortly after by Patton.

"Roman!" He grins hugging me and I hug him back.

"Heya, Pat," I smile and he grabs my hand and pulls me inside.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"So you know Maleficent?" I start when we get to his room and he nods with fear apparent in his eyes, "She has a son. Well, two."

"What?" Patton exclaims as we sit on his bed.

I nod, "Yeah. I didn't realise either. I don't think anyone knows."

"How did you find out?"

"I met them yesterday at the pool of water and I saw him again today in the same place," I explain.

"What were they like?"

"Almost exactly what you'd expect them to be like," I sigh. There was a slight pause.

"Can I go with you to the pool tomorrow?" Patton says. What?

"No. I can't do that. I'd be putting you in danger." I shake my head and stand up.

"C'mon, what's the worst that could happen?" He gently pulls at my wrist.

"You could die?"

"That won't happen. Please, Ro?" He basically begs. I can't say no to his puppy-eyes. Dammit.

"Fine," I sigh and Patton smiles, jumping up and hugging me tightly. I hug the puffball and we sit back down on his bed.

"Should we meet outside the café tomorrow at ten then?" Patton suggests.

"Why don't you just come and sleep over at mine tonight?" I offer.

"Really?"

I nod then Patton runs downstairs to get permission from his parents. He comes back up minutes later and starts packing some over night things and stuff for tomorrow.

"What did they look like?" Patton asks.

"For the most part, quite similar to each other; They're twins, apparently. But the older one's face is, like, half covered in scales and has a snake eye? It was weird..." I shiver slightly, "The other was a lot taller and had darker eyes than the older guy."

Pat nods, "I'm finished."

"Okey, lets go then." We walk out of Patton's house and down the road to the castle. The guards bow as we pass and I nod at them with a smile.

~~

"So, do you reckon he'll be there today?" Patton asks as we walk down the brick road.

"Almost, certain." I nod pulling my red cloak tighter around my shoulders. Although the sky is covered in a thick layer of clouds, the sun is just about visible.

"Where are you two going?" Logan asks as we get closer to the book shop he owns.

"The pool!" Patton says.

"This is a lot earlier than normal?" Logan frowns, adjusting a book on a rack.

"We wanted to get down early." I shrug.

"Can I come with you, I've been telling myself I need to get out more," He says. I look down. I don't want to put him in danger too. Pat being there is probably dangerous enough.

"To be completely honest, we're going there because of this guy." I rub the back of my neck.

"We all know you're gay, Roman, it's not news." Logan picks up a book and reads the blurb.

"Wha- no, not like that. I- I'll explain on the way," I sigh in defeat and Logan nods before going into the store and coming out again 10 minutes with a small bag.

"So, what's going on?" Logan asks as we start walking to the forest. I wait until we are at the edge of the trees to tell him, which I know annoys Logan. That's a bit of a bonus, not going to lie. Logan nods along as I tell him everything like I told Patton and we soon arrive at the pool.

He's there again. Tall dude is sat on the rock and his head whips around as we approach.

"What the fuck?" He looks at me in disbelief then his eyes drift to the two men either side of me, "Who the fuck are you?"

"Hi! I'm Patton! That's Logan and you've met Roman, right?" Patton grins and waves at the tall bloke who stares at Patton, opening and closing his mouth for a moment, "What's your name?"

"I'm leaving," He says and stands up to walk off.

"Oh, don't go. I'm sorry, you don't have to tell us your name!" Patton calls after him and the guy stops in his tracks. He made Patton feel bad, I might legitimately fight him.

"How's ya sword, Princey?" He smirks at me and changes the subject.

"Still bent, arsehole," I scowl.

"You bent his sword? How is that possible? His sword is made from spring steel which bends a little but returns to its normal shape quickly unless its bent too much but then it shatters." Logan frowns.

"Have some imagination, then you will work it out," He says. Damn.

"Logic over imagination."

"Realism over logic."

"That doesn't- That doesn't- Wh- What?" Logan stares at tall guy, rather confused.

"You're Maleficent's son, right?" Patton interrupts. Tall guy actually flinches when he's called that. He glares at me and, if looks could kill, I'd be deader than, well, Maleficent.

"Yeah. I am," He grumbles.

"Does that, mean you can do magic?" Patton asks clapping his hands together like the overgrown-child he is. He nods looking away, "Can I see?"

Tall guy looks around before picking up a small stone on the floor and throwing it in the air. As the stone starts to fall he snaps his fingers and it turns into a little daisy. So he can do cute magic, its not just bending my damn sword.

"That's so cool!" Pat catches the flower as it floats near him. He tucks it into his blonde fluffy hair and smiles, "What else can you do?"

"Nothing good." Virgil mutters.