Virgil

"Virgil, feel free to spend the night, if you would like?" Aurora smiles; How can someone be this happy all he time? "It's quite a trek back to your kingdom."

It would be a good chance to get away from Deceit, I s'pose, but do I really want to stay? No, but I think I should or they might get suspicious. I can't stay though, in case more questions are asked and I slip up. I can't lie any more.

"Thanks but I best be headed back. If I don't my brother might come looking for me." I rub the back of my neck and look to the floor.

"Are you sure? It's dark out and really late, it's probably safer if you stay the night, Virgil."

"Thanks, but I'll be fine."

I thank her and Roman's father for dinner and they thank me again for saving Roman, there's another comment about me dying on my walk home from Remus and then Princey walks me to the castle gates.

"Thanks for coming, tonight, I know you didn't want to." He smiles looking me up and down.

"No problem," I say. I flinch when there's a loud rumble of thunder. Loud noises are not fun. I look down at Princey and he's looking around kind of nervously, "What's up?"

"Nothing?" He mumbles but it comes out as more of a question.

"You're scared of the dark, aren't you?" I frown after a moment.

"No!" He exclaims then looks around again rubbing his arms as he shivered a little, "Maybe."

I raise my eyebrows. Princey's afraid of the dark? Huh. I take off my jacket and put it around his shoulders to
stop him from shivering as much.

"See ya around, Princey," I call as I start walking home. Why did I give him my jacket? He was cold. Yeah, but why do I care? You know why. No, I don't. Yeah you do, you saw him staring at you loads today. So? You also saved him yesterday. Because he would've drowned otherwise. You like him. Fuck off, no I don't. Yeah you do. I groan softly and teleport home.

"Where have you been?" Deceit frowns when I appear at home.

"Out," I shrug knowing he'd be pissed as shit if he finds out exactly where I've been.

"C'mon, Virgil, I'm too tired to force it out of you," Deceit groans rubbing his forehead.

"Looks like you won't get it out of me then," I mutter walking away to find somewhere to sleep.

"You where with him again weren't you?"

"No!"

"Virgil, you are a terrible liar."

I growl softly and continue walking butt then Dee appears in front of me.

"You were! You know we are trying to kill him not befriend him."

"Fuck off, Dee, I'm tired and going to bed."

~~

"Hey, Princey," I grin as he turns up again with dad and teach.

"Will you, please, tell Patton that I didn't frown and I'm fine?" Roman sighs, exasperatedly.

"I don't know, you hit your head quite hard, you might have a concussion." I lean forward and place my chin in my hand.

"What!" Princey and Pat shout at the same time. Loud noises. Nope. I tense up slightly and Logan shakes his head before walking over to the rock next to me and sitting down to read a book. I sigh as dad starts lecturing Princey about how he should be more careful.

"I would have stayed at home if I knew dad was gonna give me a lecture," Roman mumbles as he walks over and sits on the same rock I'm on.

"What do you guys want to do today?" Patton asks looking around at all of us.

"I say we practice duelling!" Roman suggests. I raise my eyebrows at him. He is one cute motherfucker- Stop!

"We don't have enough swords for that and that would probably end in someone getting hurt or maybe dying," Logan says not looking up from his book.

"Hmm- Maybe duelling isn't such a bad idea then," I mutter. Death doesn't sound to bad right now.

"Virgil, no!" The three say in unison with varying volume levels. I laugh slightly and look back at Roman again who's looking at me. I could get lost in his gorgeous, green eyes- Okay, maybe I have a little crush on him, but it's no biggie. It'll pass... I hope.

"We should play a game!" Patton grins.

"Like what?" I ask.

"I dunno... Hide and seek?"

"That wouldn't be a fair game, Virgil's the son of a powerful sorcerous and therefore is probably able to transform into something so that it's literally impossible to find him." Logan still doesn't look up from his book as he speaks and I hate to say it but he's right.

"What if Virgil counts?" Patton asks.

"Similar problem, Virgil could probably cast some form of spell that reveals where we all are," Logan explains an he's right again. He seems to know a lot about magic, what the fuck?

"Okay so not hide and seek..." Roman thinks for a moment then says, "What about marco polo?"

"What's that?" I frown.

"A ridiculous game where one person is blind folded and says marco and the others say polo. The first person then has to follow the sound of people saying polo and try to find them," Logan explains. That sounds dangerous.

"We could just talk?" Patton suggests.

"What about?" I ask.

"We could just get to know each other?" Patton smiles. Uh oh. What if I say something I shouldn't? Or something that'll make them hate me? Or-

"Virgil, home now." Deceit appears making Patton the other three scream (Roman's surprisingly high pitched) upon seeing him.

"Fine," I grumble and say goodbye to the three then disappear with Dee. We arrive back at the burnt down castle where Remus is sat on a wall smirking at me. He probably told Dee. Oh, shit, he's gonna kill me.

"So, Remus says you where at the castle last night," Deceit says. Yep, there it is, "Well, I've been thinking about it and I think you've had a great idea."

"What?" I stare at him. What the fuck is he talking about?

"Yeah, befriending Roman to get closer to him is a much easier way to kill him," Deceit grins and Remus does too.

"Yeah, yeah, that's what I was doing..." I look down at the ground my voice getting quieter with every word.