Virgil

I reappear with Deceit in the remains of the burnt down castle that we've lived in our whole lives. Mum died years ago, she was killed by the current reigning king, hence why Deceit is determined to avenge mum. I'm not sure I want to.

"That was him," Deceit says and I hum in response, "We know what he looks like now, it will be easier to find him."

"Why do we have to?" I groan.

"Because we need to avenge, mother." He says as I climb up to the highest point of the not completely burnt down turret.

"But, why? That happened eighteen years ago and we didn't even know her," I call down.

"Your so weak," He shouts and I tense up. Is he right? I think he might be. I always get scared and I don't take new opportunities. Maybe he is right.

"Fuck off, Deceit," I shout and stare off into the sunset that's mostly covered by clouds. The winter air is biting at my fingertips so I pull my hoodie over my hands. I can see the silhouette of the castle across the sky. It's seems so far away. So does the kingdom. I sigh and wave my hand to create a little platform for me to sleep on and the lean back.

~~

"Virgil," Deceit sings, loudly.

"I will actually end you, fuck off!" I shout and roll over.

"Get up!" He yells.

"No!"

"We have shit to do!"

"No, you have shit to do!"

It goes silent for a moment and I curl up tighter. It was cold last night but I slept fine until Deceit woke me up. The bitch. I sigh but then yelp as my little platform disappears.

I fall a few metres until I land on something a little softer than the floor.

"Well, now that you're up," Deceit starts and as he waves his hand, the slightly soft yellow floor disappears. Nope. I stand up and glare at him before walking off, "Where the fuck are you going?"

"Out," I call over my shoulder.

"We're already out."

I flip him off over my head and as I walk into the trees I hear him make some sort of offended noise.

I keep walking into the thicket of the forest. Not much winter light can shine through the canopy and soon I reach the same spot I was sat at yesterday when I saw Prince Roman.

I've seen pictures of him. Of course I have. He's the fucking prince. And the more popular one too. But I've never seen him in person. I rarely go into the kingdom. Too dangerous. I'd be killed.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea actually...

I sit on the rock and lean back listening to the rushing water from the waterfall. It's loud but soothing, calming. It beats the stress of 'home'. Deceit's an arsehole, to say the least. As I shut my eyes, I focus on the different sounds I can hear and a ball of purple smoke appears in my hand. Birds, wind, waterfall, my own breathing, footsteps-

I bolt upright, purple disappearing from my hand, and look around. He's here again. The prince.

"Oh, it's you," I mutter and I can feel his eyes burning into my skull as I lay back down on the rock, now feeling slightly
more self conscious.

"Good to see you too," He says and walks to the other side of the pool of water. There's a splash and I look up to see Princey in the warm water in swimming trunks.

"Don't you have a private pool in your castle?" I frown looking anywhere but him.

"This stuff is better for my skin. It's natural and there aren't any of the chemicals." He shrugs and ducks under the water.

I roll my eyes, "Of course."

My purple magic starts to dance in my hand again. I won't do anything to him. I'm not the bad guy. I just do this to help with my anxiety.

"So it was your magic that pulled me out, yesterday," Princey's voice rings out.

"Yep," I pop the 'p' and continue to shift my fingers so that the magic dances around.

"Who are you?" He asks. I stop and the purple disappears.

"Who'd ya think I am?" I sit up and he's sat on the rock next to me. He narrows his eyes and looks me up and down. We are silent for a moment and I shift away from him a little.

"You are... a magical fairy?"

I frown, "What?"

"A... witch?"

I shake my head, "That was my mother not me."

"What?"

I stand up and start walking off, "Think about it."

I walk away with grass dying beneath my feet. He'll probably figure it out. There's only been one witch in this kingdom in the last forty years. And that's Maleficent.

Fuck knows what happened to the others. Deceit and I inherited everything and now we think we're the last ones. But we're not sure. We don't talk to many other people. Or any other people.

I haul myself up into a tree and the branch turns black under my hands. As I lean back onto the trunk of the tree, I listen to some fast footsteps running towards the tree.

"Maleficent!" Princey shouts.

"Son of," I nod and I watch as his face drops and his hand moves towards a sword on his belt.

Oh shit.

I hop out of the tree and step away from him.

"You're the son of Maleficent?" He draws his sword and points it at me.

"The younger one. The older is my twin who you met yesterday," I say. Why am I having a conversation with him?

"There's two of you?" His eyes widen and he grips his sword tighter.

"No, I made a clone of myself yesterday. Yes there's two of us." I roll my eyes and step toward Princey.

"What are you doing in these forests?" He asks.

"Seeing as I live here, I should be asking you that," I say. The sword in his hand starts to shake where Princey's gripping the hilt. I flick my wrist and the sword bends away from me. He stares at it for a moment and then looks back up at me.

"Wha-" Princey's eyes search my face.

"Now, get the fuck out of here," I hiss and walk away.