Roman

I stroke a the petals of a pink rose. My face stings from the dried tears and my eyes, though moist, have cried every tear there was to cry. I can't believe Virgil did that. I can't fathom it. I loved him. I thought he loved me. I don't want to see him ever again. My fingers brush the hilt of my sword. He gave me this. Only yesterday we were so happy. Our first kiss. It was amazing. It felt right. But now it seems laced with betrayal. Now it feels wrong.

"Roman?"

I immediately rip my sword from its scabbard and point at Virgil. The tall motherfucker is looking at me with his hands up in surrender a good few feet away from me.

"What the fuck do you want?" I spit. Hatred dripping off every word. He looks taken aback by it.

"Please let me explain-" He starts.

"You don't deserve to explain. Why should I give you the chance?" I growl.

"Because you, both of your parents and your entire kingdom is in danger," He says taking a step towards me and I grip the hilt tighter extending my arm more.

"You're trying to kill me!"

"I'm not. It's Deceit and Remus- They're trying to-"

"Let me ask you something, the first time we met you looked at me with such hatred. Is that why you started plotting my death?"

"No, it's not- Please, listen. I'm not the bad guy-"

"Shut up!"

Virgil looks at me with pleading eyes. He takes another step closer and the sword starts to shake in my grip. He slowly places a finger on the end of the blade and pushes the sword down slightly. As mad as I am at him, I can't resist it. I want to shove it at him but I physically can't. I love him too much.

"Please, listen. Deceit and Remus are looking for your parents as we speak. They expect me to be back with you in about five minutes. They are the ones who want you dead, not me. Never me. I love you," He pauses momentarily, "I wish I was saying that for the first time in different circumstances. But-"

He stops and cups my cheek with his hand for a minute. I lean into it breaking down in tears again. He pulls me into a hug and I drop my sword. I should've let him explain earlier.

After a moment he steps back his hands placed on my shoulders and I look up at him. He looks dazed for a moment. Just completely out of it. Virgil's eyes change. The gorgeous dark eyes that I fell in love with change to a bright, stomach turning yellow. Like Deceit's eye. Virgil's expression goes cold. It turns to something I've never seen before. Completely emotionless. I've seen more emotion in Logan. His hands leave my shoulders and he takes another step towards me closing the gap, that I reopen with a step back. Deceit steps around Virgil looking up at him smugly and then smirking at me. Quickly, I snatch my sword off of the floor.

"Neat trick, isn't it? I've been working on it for a while," He says a dangerous glint sparking in his eye, "Takes over their brain so they have no control over their thoughts or actions."

"You're sick," I scowl pointing my sword at him now instead.

"Well, you're dead." He snaps his fingers and Virgil's facial expression changes again and he takes another step towards me. What is he doing?

"Virgil?" I ask stepping back. He continues to walk towards me, looking down at me with a hate fuelled determination I've never seen in anyone's eyes before. The yellow eyes only make it creepier. My heart races and I step back away from him. He moves faster and eventually I hit a tree.  I look at my suddenly very intimidating boyfriend who's eyes are still set on me. I press the flat of my blade against his chest trying to push him away. He's strong though. Stronger than he looks at first glance. I should've realised because topless he looks very toned. I push the flat of my blade harder putting my left hand on the end of the blade to help me push. I should've gone into sport rather than theatre.

Shit.

"Virgil, please. You're better than this. You aren't the bad guy. Please," I beg. He snaps his fingers and my sword disappears so there's not a barrier between us. I grip my eyes shut not wanting to see the creepy eyes. His large hands were on each of my shoulders pressing me roughly into the tree. I gulp.

~~

I peel my eyes open and squint through the blinding light. What happened? I look around the room and see my parents opposite me, gaged and chained to the wall. Remus and Deceit are talking quietly in the corner but Virgil is nowhere to be seen. I look back at my parents and they are looking at me, just as scared and confused as I am; None of us understanding why Remus is doing this. I can't communicate with them though as I am also bound and gagged. The rough rope digs into the side of my face as it secures a ball of material in my mouth. The heavy metal chains  prevent me from being able to move my arms at all as they bruise my wrists. I can feel the bruises forming already. This won't look good... Questions and thoughts raise through my head, but there was one thing on my mind:

Where's Virge? Is he okay?

I start shouting into my gag catching Deceit and Remus' attention and causing my parents to rapidly shake their heads at me, but I ignore them.

"It seems Prince Roman has something he'd like to say," Deceit drones snapping his fingers to make the gag disappear as the two walk over to me.

"Where's Virgil?" I demand the minute I can feel my tongue and my mouth isn't completely dry.

"Really? He's trying to kill you and you still want to know where he is? Pathetic," Deceit rolls his eyes at me.

"He didn't try to kill me, you did." I spit.

"Last I checked, it was Virgil who had you pinned to a tree, stopping you from escaping."

"You were controlling him."

"Ooh did you finally use that spell on him, Dee?" Remus asks his unblinking green eyes gleaming maliciously. Deceit nods.

"Yeah-"

"Because you know Virgil is stronger than you are. Physically, mentally and in your magic abilities. So you sent him to do it rather than doing it your fucking self, you coward."

Deceit glares at me, "I've had enough of you."