Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen 

I panted, trying to remember how to get air to my lungs. He’d left me completely breathless, but I couldn’t exactly say he’d left me satisfied. 

He’d lost. And yet, there was no satisfactory pride that should have been swelling in my chest by now. I had won. But, really, it didn’t feel like I had. I just felt…empty. And, it was because I had been right. It had meant everything to me; I had let it go too far. Get to me. 

It was meaningless to him. A game, as he had stated. 

I shouldn’t have played. 

I uncomfortably cleared my throat, resting my hands on his shoulders. I could feel that I was blushing. But, what was worse, was the pent up anger and dread I was feeling. Gently, I pushed at him, wanting to be left alone. 

“You…get off….please.” His grin faded, obviously not expecting this reaction from me. Deidara cleaned his face of any emotion, waiting for me to explain. Not that I was going to. 

“Why?”

“The game’s over, right?”

Slowly, he nodded, raising his visible eyebrow. 

“Then, get off.”

“But, you’re not happy, hm.” I sighed, suddenly feeling exhausted. Why would I be happy? What was the point of winning if it still meant absolutely nothing?

“So?”

He frowned, wrapping both of his arms around my waist, now. “You won, yeah. Shouldn’t that make you happy?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Deidara, stop asking so many fucking questions and just get off of me.” He stiffened, pulling back a bit. I could see the anger flash in his eyes, and then the effort he was using to restrain himself. But, why?

Was he scared of hurting me, again?

He pressed his forehead against my shoulder- growling. “Don’t do this Bliss. Not. Now.”

I huffed, resting my arms behind my back. I resisted touching him during that damned game, I could resist clawing at him, now. It was then that I realized I couldn’t tell who was more pathetic. 

“Like I could actually do anything damaging. I’m just a sick, dying girl. Remember?” He bit into me, making me yelp out in pain. I should really watch what I’m saying around him, especially when he was in biting distance. But, I honestly couldn’t help it. Just like his anger, I had a sharp tongue that couldn’t me controlled around him. 

“That hurt,” I had to clench my teeth to keep the pain out of my voice. Or, lashing out. In a way, I suppose I deserved it. I had made yet another stupid decision, and I guess I was paying for it. 

“Yeah, well, it wasn’t supposed to feel good.” His face was still pressed against my shoulder. And, somehow, my shirt had been pushed away so I could feel his hot breath against my skin. 

I sighed, poking at him. I had over-acted, it seemed, his hot breath working as a trigger to somehow calm me down.

“So, you’ll meet him, right?” Deidara turned his head to look at me, his hair falling away from his face to reveal the other half. Both orbs studied me, and for once, I could see them. He laid unmoving, drawing his lips into a taut line. 

“Only if you let me stay the night, yeah.” I smiled, slightly giggling. 

Today had turned for the better, it seemed. And, with out small argument out of the way, maybe things will be a bit more peaceful. 

~        ~        ~

Remember when I thought everything would be okay? Well, I lied. 

At first, everything was fine. Deidara had sculpted a cute little bird. Said I could keep it, even. 

It was beautiful. 

Afterwards, he had even tried to teach me how to do one on my own. It wouldn’t be as beautifully done, of course- I not have an artistic bone in my body. But, he was patient with me, and I think that’s what mattered to me the most. 

I watched his hands move gracefully against the sticky substance, and knowing I could never do something like that, I let his fingers guide me. 

Making myself a bit more comfortable in his lap, I couldn’t keep the smile off of my face. Especially when Deidara’s chin lazily rested on my shoulder, molding his front onto my back. 

This was the most relaxed we had been with each other, and it was now that I was really starting to enjoy his company. More than before, that is. Lately, all we’ve been doing is fighting, so to be so close with him like this, it was almost how I had always imagined. Only, I never expected him to have an affinity for art. 

Deidara rolled his head to the side, so that his cheek lay against me. He gingerly put the clay down, resting his hands around me; not caring if the clay got on my clothes. And, to be completely honest, neither did I. 

He spoke softly, slightly making me shiver. “Sing for me, yeah?”

I scrunched up my nose, shaking my head- almost furiously. The few times Deidara had heard me sing were by pure accident. I never intended for him to hear me. The thought of even trying made me feel uncomfortable. 

He sighed, dropping me on the floor to stand up. “I’m going to take a shower, mm.”

!~*~*~*~*~*!

I’m in the midst of exams with a mind splitting migraine and allergy issues. But. I decided to be nice since I have plans this weekend. You’re welcome. GOING TO SEE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER GUISE. Sorry about mistakes. Bai. Mycrushisbeingcutecrying. 

Happy Readings~!