Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

My muscles tighten as I stare suspiciously between the two of them. My Teen Dream and very slutty, but attractive, pharmacist. Suddenly, I feel as if on one of those bad television shows where the guy tells his girlfriend he’s been cheating on her- on national television. 

Only, I feel worse. Because, there’s no comparison between us. Mei was, and always had been, beautiful. I was just the kid that no one ever wanted to play with, but always felt bad for. Generically stick thin with sickly white skin. 

Mei pulled a chair next to Deidara’s, sitting closer to him than really what was acceptable. But, she didn’t seem to mind. 

“Isn’t it strange how long we’ve been friends, and this is the first time you’ve been to my house?” Her question was directed at me, obviously. But, really, I couldn’t have been less sure. I mean, it would have helped if she looked at me rather than Deidara. 

Deidara shifted a bit. 

“Mei,” he said, voice sounding a bit strained. “If you don’t mind, I’d like to talk to Bliss.”

The girl moved a bit closer, nodding. “Okay. Go ahead.”

Deidara frowned. “I meant alone, Mei.” He didn’t even try to mask the irritation in his voice, nor the glare.

I was confused. 

“Oh, o-okay,” she stuttered. Mei jumped up, casting a lingering look between us before leaving. 

I was nervous. 

“D-Deidar-”

“C’mon,” he interrupted, grabbing my wrist. I kept my eyes on his hand, confused. Nothing made sense at the moment, and thinking about it made my head hurt. 

He pulled me into the room I had woken up in. Deidara checked the hallway before locking the door behind him. 

I waited. 

“Bliss befo-”

“Why are we here, Deidara.” The blonde frowned, pulling me to sit on the bed with him. Then, after a moment of deliberation, pecked me on the lips. 

“I’m not interested in her. I just needed somewhere to keep you safe. No need to be jealous.”

I puffed out my cheeks, stubbornly crossing my arms over my chest. “I’m not jealous.” I snorted. “Who said I was jealous?”

Deidara sighed, tucking a piece of stray hair behind my ear. And, for a moment, my tantrum was forgotten- remembering that he had just, moments before, kissed me. And, now, the way he was looking at me. 

“I’m sorry I let you get caught. I’m sorry he was ever able to hurt you- even after I promised that I would protect you. I’m sorry that I’m so stupid, Bliss.”

“Dei…” I frowned, searching for a sign that perhaps he was joking. Messing with me. But, there was nothing there. He seemed sincere in his words. And, honestly, it broke me. 

I threw myself into his arms, firmly wrapping my arms around him. And, he let me.  Deidara didn’t drop any snide comments, letting his arms wrap around me, as well. 

It hadn’t of been obvious to me, as many things weren’t. But, I had always been aware of the way I felt towards Deidara. How his genuine smile made my heart flutter, the anger that would pulsate through me whenever he did awful things, or the jealously whenever he was around Mei. 

But, never have I realized how intensely I felt for this boy. Now how vastly my affections for this boy had grown. 

I loved him. 

My fingers clenched around the material of his shirt as the realization hit me. I loved a criminal. A stupid, sarcastic, crude, cruel human being who enjoyed nothing more than blowing things up. 

I was an idiot. 

~      ~       ~

“I have a surprise for you,” Mei whispered, using her hands to hide my eyes so that I wouldn’t end up peaking. Deidara had decided he would take a nap. Leaving me alone with Mei. 

I’ve changed my mind. I hated him. 

I impatiently shifted, wishing she’d hurry up. The girl let out a small huff. 

“Mom, Dad, I want you to meet Bliss.” Her hands dropped away from my face, giving the two people in front of me a perfect view of my blushing face. 

The woman was a perfect replica of Mei- long silvery blonde hair, smooth tanned skin, and a green so pretty it would be nature to shame. She was beautiful. 

The man on the other hand looked nothing like his daughter, seeming a bit out of place. Chocolate brown eyes, auburn hair…

I could almost feel my heart stop. 

“Daddy,” Mei grinned, sounding a million miles away, “meet your daughter, Bliss.”

!~*~*~*~*!

Wow sorry this chapter sucks so bad but like I was having no motivation for this story whatsoever. But like I couldn’t put if off for forever. 

I know I said everything would make sense in this chapter but wow looks like I lied. Everything you need to know is in the next chapter- the LAST chapter. Which I plan to upload in like five minute sokok. don’t get mad at me. No im serious. don’t. 

Also, I put the song on the side because it’s what actually inspired me to write this story and like that’s where I came up with Bliss’s character so yeh. It’s an 80s song (I think) but I love it so much okok.