Chapter Four

Chapter Four

I curiously watched as he wore that ‘I do whatever the hell I want’ kind of attitude. And, in doing so, was cooking. On my stove. For me. 

 In all honesty, it was strange. This wasn’t anything like my fantasies. And, that’s how I had come to recognize him. He would always wear the happiest smile; something the boy before me didn’t seem too keen on doing. And, with the scowl that seemed to be engraved on his face, it didn’t seem very likely for him to ever be the person I had always dreamed about. 

What a waste of such a pretty face. 

“You can stop staring at me, un.”  His voice seemed indifferent as he set the steaming plate in front of me, sitting down on the opposite side of the table. I poked at the hot substance, slightly burning the tip of my finger. 

Teen Dream snorted at me, silently mocking me as I suckled on my finger. Yeah, he was a dream come true, alright. Much sarcasm intended. 

I stuck my tongue out at him, feeling the familiar me slip back into place. Meaning, in less to no time, ‘prince charming’ over here would be my idol, again. 

“What’s that?” Blondie asked, pointing to the white bag I had recently received. I looked over to the spot, where it sat waiting for me. I smiled at him, like I would any other person, no longer feeling bitter and hungry. 

“That’s my medicine,” I replied, taking a bite of the food he prepared me. Even though it was still scolding hot and burned my mouth, I still rather enjoyed it. Even when the tears sprung to my eyes and the burning spread to my chest. 

“You’re still sick, yeah?”

I shrugged, brushing the dark orange of my hair off of my forehead. And, if I looked close enough into his crystal eyes, I bet I’d be able to see the amber of my own being reflected back at me. Almost like a mirror. 

“I’m always sick, I guess. The medicine’s there to help prolong my life. I don’t know how long I’d live without it. Maybe a day or two.” I shoved another bite into my mouth, the burning not being as intense, this time. “Nwot lowng.” 

Blondie’s eyebrows burrowed together, and his eyes darkened. But, in the depths of them, I could see something stir up. Excitement danced behind his sudden sinister gaze, reminding me of the adrenaline rush I would often get when traveling through the forest. And, just like every other time, he was the reason. 

“Just one or two, yeah?”

I innocently nodded, not knowing where his dark thoughts were taking him. He was apart of the Akatsuki, so I was only right to assume his thoughts had taken a turn for the worse. 

And, being the simple-minded girl I was, this delighted me. I didn’t know what he was planning, but I knew it would probably have something to do with pain. Suffering. 

I loved it. 

~       ~       ~

The boy left soon after, seeming to be rejuvenated with a new energy. He had replaced his scowls with fascination. He had called me art. 

I didn’t really pay much attention when Teen Dream had said that. I knew who and what I was. More importantly, I knew my physical attributes were nothing special. Especially with my chalky skin and chapped lips. I wasn’t stunningly beautiful, and definitely not something to be considered art. 

Yet, that is what he had said, and it thrilled me. This teen dream had taken interest in me, when no one else ever did. And, despite his criminal records, I was drawn to him. 

He had claimed he had to leave because he didn’t want his organization to get suspicious. If they found out about me, it could be dangerous. For both of us. 

And, when he left, it was with a smile on his face. He had given me a kiss to the forehead, and disappeared into the night. 

I kept replaying the way he smiled, happy to know I was the reason his pink lips to be lifted in such a way. 

Though, it wasn’t exactly the kind of smile I had been hoping for, it was a start. It had been devious, but it still left me breathless. 

But, then again, that could just be the side affects. I shook my head, unable to shake the giddy feeling from the pit of my stomach. 

He had acknowledged me! He doesn’t think I’m repulsive. He had called me…art. 

And, once again, I was too naïve to realize what his definition of art truly was. 

!~*~*~*~*~*~!

Agh. I hope this makes a bit of sense, at least. So tired. Ughughugh. Please don’t hate for the lack of writing skill that was put into this. Or effort. It’s only like week one (two? Three?) of school, and it’s already draining me of everything I have. Dfghjkl; I GO TO BED AT LIKE 5-6 PM EVERYNIGHT OKOK. 

But, on to more important things. Like that senior. It was this story I talked about him, right? The one with the nice ass? Yeah, boyfriend #1. Turns out, he has a girlfriend. But, that’s okay, I have like seven other boyfriends. So, we’re fine. Omg. Science teacher is hot, too. (is it okay to say that?) again. I’ll just stop talking xD I wonder if anyone ever reads this part, anyways… o.e

Happy Readings~