Chapter 34: Tough Decisions Can Always Be Settled With the Frickle Frackles

Start from the beginning

       "No."

       "You're so mean to me."

       "You'll survive."

       "No, I don't think I will."

       I really wouldn't. Sawyer was just so mean to me and I had no idea why I was even dating him if he was being this mean to me.

       To pass time while we were waiting for the pie to finish in the oven, Sawyer and I watched a movie that he brought. I may have constantly said some innuendos during the movie, but I couldn't help it. Like I said, I was a very horny teenager.

       As soon as the timer on the oven went off, I asked, "Can we have sex now?"

       "You don't want to try some of my famous blueberry pie?" Sawyer asked.

       "Not really."

       "It's really good," Sawyer said. "Trust me. And... I want to tell you about the thing that's bothering me. Well, sort of bothering me."

       "So that's why you made a pie," I said.

       "Sort of..."

       "Is it a guilt pie? Sawyer, what did you do?' I gasped. "Did you bring me to a haunted place again? Is this cabin haunted?"

       "It's not haunted, Jamie," Sawyer said. "And I didn't do anything. Not really. I just... I'll explain it. Once we're eating pie."

       This really did feel like a guilt pie.

       Once Sawyer and I each had a plate with a slice of his blueberry pie, we sat down at the table in the kitchen. "So what's going on?" I asked.

       "A few days ago, I got a call," Sawyer said. "It was from the touring company with bronc riding and showjumping and cross-country. The one I was supposed to go on before my accident. They... want me to go on tour with them this summer."

       I didn't get it. Why was Sawyer so bother by this? That was a great thing. A really great thing.

       "Sawyer, that's amazing!" I said. "It's a second chance you truly deserve. Why is that bothering you so much?"

       "Because... it means I'll be gone all of summer, and some of the fall," Sawyer said. "Apart from you."

       "Hey, we've been apart for ten years before," I said.

       "When we were kids," Sawyer said. "Not when we're dating. It's going to be hard being apart for so long."

       "Yeah, it will," I said. "But there's texting and calling and video chatting. This is an amazing opportunity for you, Sawyer. Especially since you couldn't go last time because of your accident. You have to take it."

       "But I'm not even fully back into showjumping," Sawyer said. "I only did one competition. I don't know if I'm still good enough."

       "You came in second after the long break you took. I say that's good enough. And obviously the touring company thinks you're good enough if they asked you to come along."

       "You really think I should take it?"

       "Yes. Yes, of course I do. Don't get me wrong, I'll miss you like crazy but it's only for, like, two and a half months. We can handle it."

       Sawyer smiled at me. "Okay. I'll call them back when we get back home and tell them I'll go."

       "Yeah, you better tell them that," I said. "I'm really proud of you, Sawyer."

       "Thanks, Jamie. I honestly wouldn't have gotten back into showjumping so fast if it weren't for you. So thanks for helping me out the way you did."

       "Well, I'll do anything for you."

       "And I'll do anything for you."

       "Even have sex with me?"

       Sawyer rolled his eyes. "You're never going to stop with those innuendos, are you?"

       "Nope," I said proudly. "It's part of who I am."

       "Yes, I can see that."

       I finally took a bite out of the blueberry pie, and I could see why Sawyer made it for me. It was delicious. Probably the best tasting pie I'd ever have.

       It didn't even take me long to finish.

       "Please make that pie more often," I said. "That was so good."

       "Why, thank you," Sawyer said. "Want another piece?"

       "I do but I also want sex."

       Like always, I said that only as a joke. I didn't really mean it. Well, of course, part of me meant it but I mainly said it to bug Sawyer.

       Sawyer, however, took me seriously for once. He stood up from the table. "Alright, let's go."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "Go where?"

       "The bedroom," Sawyer said.

       "Wait, seriously?" I asked.

       "Why not? We're here alone."

       I smiled as I stood up from the table. "Alright, lead the way."

__________________

oof

we stan sawmie

also stan sarah jeffrey because i met her today (like i said on my profile) and i cried lol. well, i cried on the inside but still. she was so nice omg. my uncle was with me and talked to her for me because i was too anxious to and she asked if i wanted to take a picture so i'm very happy right now.

but also oof sawyer is going away for two months :( will someone try stealing him from jamie? will the long distance be too much? find out in their next book, *insert title here*

lol that made it seem like rural is ending BUT IT ISN'T YET. we've got a few more chapters.