Epilogue 7 - A Birthday (2)

Jiang Zhi Zhou really did end up sleeping in the guest room that night. In the morning, though he had to leave early, he first prepared breakfast as usual for Xia Wei and Jiang Yi.

  At 7am, Xia Wei's alarm clock rang. She usually got up at 8am, but that day she was responsible for sending Jiang Yi to school and had to wake a little earlier earlier. By the time she had washed up and walked downstairs to the dining room, breakfast was ready. Jiang Yi was sitting at the table drinking milk.

  "Mommy, you're early." Jiang Yi grinned at her. Jiang Zhi Zhou, who had already gotten ready to leave, turned back to look at her. "Good morning."

  "Still ignoring you for 72 hours." Xia Wei slanted him a condescending look, making herself comfortable at the breakfast table.

  Jiang Zhi Zhou: "..."

  He thought that she would have calmed down after sending him off to sleep in the guest room for a night. Unexpectedly... was she really going to ignore him for 72 hours?

  Jiang Yi looked at her dad standing at the door and then her mother sitting next to her. She didn't know what to do.

  When Xia Wei sent her to school, she couldn't hold herself back and asked, "Mommy, do you really have to ignore Daddy for three days?"

  Xia Wei looked over at her, "Little one, don't worry about mommy and daddy. Just pay attention to your teacher at school, okay?"

  "Oh......"

  Having watched Jiang Yi carry her schoolbag through the school gate, Xia Wei drove away. Head drooping and heart heavy, Jiang Yi made her way through a group of energetic primary school students.

  "Jiang Yi, good morning."

  Jiang Yi looked up to see her classmate Song Jiale. "Good morning."

  Song Jiale asked, "What's wrong? You seem down?"

  Jiang Yi sighed, "Nothing, just that my dad made my mom angry."

  "What strange about that? My dad makes my mom angry all the time."

  Jiang Yi's eyes lit up, apparently seeing some hope. "What happens next?"

  "She just beats him up."

  Jiang Yi: "..."

  Her teacher had told them that it was bad to beat up other people. Her mom had said to listen to the teacher.

  "The last time my dad made mom angry, I saw bruises on both of them. My dad said that mom fought with him."

  "...your mother can win in a fight with your father?"

  "Of course, my mom wins every time. Dad doesn't dare fight back."

  "Oh..." Even so, she felt like beating people up wasn't a good thing. There must be some other way.

  After school was over at noon, she ran to her room and sent a secret message to Jiang Man Man. "Cousin, are you there?"

  Jiang Man Man: Yes, what's wrong?

  Jiang Yi: Mommy is still angry. She ignored Daddy this morning, and he slept in the guest room last night.

  Jiang Man Man: ... merciless.

  Jiang Man Man: You shouldn't worry about them. Adults enjoy quarreling. They'll make up in a couple of days.

  Jiang Yi: Really? qwq But what if Mommy's still angry?