Chapter 34

Although Xia Wei finally got her wish to watch a movie starring Film Emperor Mo, Jiang Zhi Zhou really did begin ignoring her. Xia Wei was quite surprised. It turned out that this uptight man would actually play love games?

  But who's afraid of that! Would she, a veteran of relationships, lose against a rigid man who has never been in love before? Ha!

  At noon, Jiang Zhi Zhou did not pick her up for lunch as usual. Xia Wei did not try to find him, but ordered takeout to eat at the shop instead. She had hoped to boast to her girlfriend group, but hadn't expected these latest developments.

  Jiang Zhi Zhou: Today's lunch [picture][picture][picture][picture]

  Xia Wei: "..."

  Mapo tofu, steamed fish, braised eggplant, and three different types of soup. Each photo was even a beautifully framed close-up.

  ... How did he eat so much by himself???

  As if afraid she would miss it, Jiang Zhi Zhou sent an identical message to his circle of friends. Xia Wei let out a laugh from the corners of her mouth. Does this boyfriend still want to spend the next Chinese New Year together?

  She found a news article she had once seen before, and forwarded it to her own circle of friends.

  Xia Wei: [Emotional World] Is it really necessary to keep talking to a boyfriend who loves to eat alone?

  Jiang Zhi Zhou: "..."

  While he was looking for a news article of his own in response, he received a phone call from his mother. He paused and picked up the phone: "Mom."

  "Zhi Zhou, have you had lunch?"

  "I was just eating. What's up?"

  "Oh well. Your father and I would like to discuss something with you. Tonight, book a private room for us at work. Let's have dinner together."

  "Sure." Jiang Zhi Zhou was inevitably curious. "What's it about?"

  However, his mother refused to reveal much. "It's a complicated matter, one better discussed in person. We'll see you tonight and talk about it."

  "Okay." After Jiang Zhi Zhou finished speaking to his mother, he booked a private room at the restaurant. Intuition told him that whatever his mother wanted to say to him had to be important. Still, he didn't have a clue what it could be about despite brainstorming until dinner, when he walked into the private room and saw his sister-in-law sitting inside.

  Was this yet another blind date?

  As if reading his mind, his sister-in-law smiled and said, "No worries, today isn't about your love life."

  Jiang Zhi Zhou breathed a sigh of relief, but on the other hand was even more confused. "What is it, then?"

  Seating him in a vacant spot, his mother smiled and told him, "The company has taken on a relatively large new project recently. Your grandfather means for the younger generation to be entrusted with more responsibilities, and it'll be an interesting challenge for you. Your brothers and sisters will also be involved."

  Jiang Zhi Zhou's brow creased. The company that his mother was talking about was Jiang Corporation. He glanced over at his father, who only snorted coldly and said nothing. After mulling it over, Jiang Zhi Zhou asked his mother, "Are you hoping I'll participate too?"

  "Indeed." Jiang Zhi Zhou's mother knew that he might be reluctant, so she persuaded him with a smile. "Your grandfather will likely be taking this opportunity to choose a successor. Since you're a member of the Jiang family, you should participate."