Chapter 33

Chapter 33

  Sister-in-law?

  In her shock, Xia Wei forgot about being hungry. When she snuck a look, Jiang Zhi Zhou's sister-in-law, still standing outside the door, saw her.

  "This is...?" His sister-in-law was puzzled. She looked up at Jiang Zhi Zhou, her eyes sparkling.

  "She is......"

  "I am the resident of apartment 1908 upstairs! I just came here to borrow some soy sauce!" Without allowing Jiang Zhi Zhou to finish, Xia Wei interrupted. Jiang Zhi Zhou looked at her and said nothing, but the expression on his face wasn't great.

  "Ha ha ha, so Mr. Jiang, about that soy sauce..."

  "..." Jiang Zhi Zhou went to the kitchen silently and pulled out a bottle of soy sauce for her. Taking it, Xia Wei smiled and said to him: "Thank you, I'll bring it back when I'm done."

  Jiang Zhi Zhou: "..."

  Once again, he was slammed in the face with Miss Xia's exquisite acting and powerful writing abilities.

  Perhaps she will star in the next movie blockbuster?

  After Xia Wei left, Jiang Zhi Zhou's sister-in-law was still looking at the door with a puzzled look: "Why on earth did she run downstairs to borrow soy sauce? Don't you generally borrow that from your next door neighbor?"

  Jiang Zhi Zhou said: "Maybe her neighbors weren't at home. We got to know each other because of some issues with water leakage."

  "Water leakage? From the bathroom? Has it been repaired?"

  "It has. What can I do for you today?"

  "I mainly wanted to talk to you about Sun Jiao Jiao." His sister-in-law looked down at the house slippers that Xia Wei had just taken off and asked Jiang Zhi Zhou. "When did you start keeping lady's slippers at home?"

  "..." Jiang Zhi Zhou quite calmly began to make up stories. "Don't you remember I said it was leaking before? Between the property manager, the development company and the upstairs neighbour just now, I received quite a few female guests. So I just bought a few more slippers." 

  "I see."

  "Mmhmm." Sure enough, life can train anyone into an award-winning actor and screenwriter.

  His sister-in-law switched into slippers, but when she walked into the living room she paused in shock. "When did you start raising cats and dogs?"

  "Meow~"

  "Woof!"

  "..." Jiang Zhi Zhou looked at the cat and dog in the living room and walked over. "They were strays. I took pity on them and adopted them."

  His sister-in-law smiled and said: "You're still the same as when you were younger. Your face is cold, but your heart is warmer than anyone else." She raised her hand and tried to touch Tangerine, who dodged, looking aloof. "I heard Jiao Jiao said that you unfriended her on WeChat and QQ?"

  "Yes." Jiang Zhi Zhou did not evade the question. "Since it has been decided that we will not meet again, it is not necessary to keep in contact."

  "...Even though you aren't a couple, can't you just be friends?"

  Jiang Zhi Zhou said: "We met during a blind date, the purpose of which is to find a partner. Since we don't intend to develop our relationship in that direction, wouldn't it be strange to continue it?"