Chapter 44

The next morning, Sunshine woke Xia Wei up, thumping his tail loudly for a walk and  stepping all over her again. At that moment, she felt terribly envious of Mr. Jiang downstairs, who had decided to raise a cat - yes, it was more aloof, but at least he didn't have to walk it.

  Purely on principle, Xia Wei made a phone call to wake Jiang Zhi Zhou up, so that he would come along to walk the dog.

  The two agreed to meet in the elevator. Xia Wei generally wore athletic wear when out walking the dog. Unintentionally or not, Jiang Zhi Zhou had somehow donned a set similar to her that morning.

  Xia Wei looked down at her clothes and frowned, wondering if they were being a little too showy. Well, she supposed that everyone already thought they were married, so wearing matching clothing was the least of their problems.

  "Good morning." Jiang Zhi Zhou walked into the elevator, standing next to her.

  "Good morning, did you sleep well last night?" Xia Wei asked.

  Jiang Zhi Zhou frowned as if somewhat dissatisfied. "I slept on the sofa, would you sleep well?"

  "...well sorry for not being able to carry you to bed." Really, was he underestimating his weight or overestimating her strength?

  "You could have woken me up."

  "I never see you sleeping so deeply. I didn't have the heart to disturb you."

  Jiang Zhi Zhou pursed his lips and said nothing. Neither did Xia Wei. The elevator was quiet. At this time, Xia Wei suddenly remembered the two sentences she had added to her love letter last night.

  She blamed it on the atmosphere last night, making her feel emotional all of a sudden and writing down two gross, disgusting lines. Now that she thought about it, she was terribly embarrassed. She wondered if Mr. Jiang had seen it...

  He must not have, otherwise how could he still be so calm?

  Xia Wei looked at Jiang Zhi Zhou hesitantly. Should she ask him?

  "What's up?" Jiang Zhi Zhou cocked his head and looked back at her.

  Xia Wei instantly turned her head back and stared at the elevator door. "Nothing."

  Jiang Zhi Zhou looked at her for a while, then he bent his mouth and smiled. "When you study, do you get full marks in composition every time?"

  Xia Wei: "..."

  He did see it!!!

  "I would like to advertise the technique of always putting your conclusions first."

  "...Why would I want to revise the first part? I was praising you the whole time!"

  "Are you sure that that was praise? Weren't you writing a menu?"

  "You're just pretending to take a loss!" Ugh, it feels like she's losing money here! In the future, won't this man have no fear?

  Jiang Zhi Zhou smiled, quickly bent over and imprinted a light kiss on her lips: "But I liked it very much."

  Hardly had he finished speaking when the elevator door opened with a ding. Outside the door stood two upstairs residents, who greeted them before entering the elevator. Xia Wei stood stock still outside the elevator door, her whole being petrified.

  They almost got caught there!

  "Are you crazy?" Xia Wei wanted to have the dog bite him. Last time, all she did was grab a pot for the dishwasher and they had already been flooded with rumours. If those two had seen the kiss, what would have happened?!