Separation// It Only Gets Worse

Start from the beginning

"What is that supposed to mean?" He growls.

"Dad. You know what I'm talking about. I've found someone. And he makes me happy."

"He?" My father stands up and steps toward me.

"Y-yes. He."

"I thought we talked about this. We agreed you weren't going to be a fag."

"No, dad. We didn't agree. You told me. I didn't agree."

He gives up on words and grabs me by the front of my shirt and lifts me up. I look at mom begging her for help and she just looks away.

"Dad, don't!"

"Shut up!"

He throws me to the ground which makes me hit my head off the coffee table. I grab my now pounding head as he kicks my stomach. My body curls up and he punches me in the head. I pass out and dream of my life with Roman that I hope I'll live to see.

I slowly blink my eyes open and notice that the room is completely dark. It takes me a minute to remember what happened. My arms hurt to move and I realize that one of my eyes are swollen shut. This is the worst time yet.

They are both gone and I can't get up so I slowly and painfully text Roman.

PurpleQUEEN: SOS

Sir Sing-A-Lot: Do I need to break in?

PurpleQUEEN: Yes, please hurry.

My arm gets too heavy for me to hold so I drop my phone and wait for Roman. A few seconds later I hear pounding on the door then the sound of it being thrown open.

"VIRGIL?" I can hear him walking around the kitchen.

"rrrmp," I mumble. I guess I have a swollen lip too.

Roman comes running into the room and gasps when he sees me. "Oh, Virge."

He picks me up carefully and brings me to his house. I feel the comfort of a bed underneath me and Roman behind me as I fall asleep again.

*The next morning*

"Virge? Are you awake?"

I open my eyes to see Roman in front of my face looking worried.

"Oh, Virge! Thank God!" He hugs me tightly but carefully as to not hurt me. "It's been two days since you fell asleep here. I was starting to think there was something seriously wrong."

"Roman?"

"Yeah, Virge?"

"I think it's time to get help."

He grabs my hand reassuringly. "Oh, of course. Who should we talk to?"

I sit up and turn to him with a straight face. A single tear falls down my face. "The police."

One year later. After graduation....

Logan drives in to his favorite diner in town. The waitress immediately comes over with his food without asking for his order. He comes here so often that they don't need to ask anymore. He used to come here with Patton before he left. Now, he comes alone.

Patton said he would call everyday. And he did... for a week. Then, the calls stopped coming. There was no way of knowing what happened to Patton. He might never see him again. A tear falls down his face just thinking about this. The waitress looks at him but doesn't question it. This is normal for him these days.

He finishes his meal in silence and tips the waitress generously just like Patton always used to. He picks up his long dark trench-coat and leaves. He takes out his keys, unlocks his car and walks to the drivers side. But before he can get in, he is interrupted with a voice.

"Logan?"

He freezes in place.

"Lo?"

Is it really?

He turns around and there he is. Patton. Wrapped in a light grey trench-coat. The same one Logan bought him specifically for his stay at the hospital.

"Patton?"

He nods and takes a step toward Logan.

"Patton?" Logan starts crying. Patton runs forward and wraps Logan in his signature tight hugs. "I didn't forget you. I said I wouldn't and I didn't. Even after you stopped calling. I never forgot you. How could I, Pat? I- I love you!"

"I love you too, Logan. And I'm never leaving you again."

"Promise?" Logan steps out of the hug and stares deeply into Patton's light blue eyes.

Patton giggles and kisses Logan on the lips. "I promise."

*********

Virgil and Roman are sitting in the park down the street from the high school they are now graduated from. Last year Virgil went to the police with Roman and got his parents arrested. After living with Roman for a year they decided they should be together and have been together officially for three months.

Roman turns toward Virgil. "With everything going on last year I never asked exactly what happened last year."

Virgil takes a deep breath. "Are you sure you want to know, Princey?"

Roman grabs his hand the same way he did last year when Virgil said he wanted to go to the police. "Only if you want to tell."

Virgil nods. "It all started when you came to school..."

<ANDDDDDDDDD COMPLETE!!! THE STORY IS NOW FINISHED!!!!! Don't forget to vote and comment what you think I should do with this next. Thank you for everyone who made it this far and waited for this last chapter. I'll answer any comment question or idea you type so just tell me!

Love you all!!!

PEACE!>