"It's crazy how you meet someone new, someone you totally know nothing about, and yet you feel like you know everything about them. You feel connected to them as though you're a part of them," I say in a smooth whisper, feeling Liam's heart beating softly against his chest.

Am I even making sense? Well, it's how I feel anyway.

"What if you are the other half of them?" Liam asks, lifting his head to meet my face. He then smiles at my befuddled look. "They say nothing happens by chance, don't they?"

I know, but . . . well, I don't know.

"Listen," I breathe, trying to clarify my point. "I'm talking about something serious. I'm not kidding."

"That's interesting. What do you mean? If I may ask. Do you feel that way about someone?" He looks bemused, or amused—I can't tell. "Who is it?" he adds.

"You," I answer.

"Me?"

"Us. Being here with you feels like Deja vu."

"Huh?"

"Nothing." I smile, for I'm afraid he may start thinking I'm crazy. "Can we kiss, Mr. Darcy." I change the topic, teasing him.

"Ms. Jones," Liam utters with gleaming eyes, highly amused at last. "If we go on that road I may lose my gentleman title."

"Your what?" I laugh hard, utterly entranced by his dry humor. He laughs along, looking at ease. "Just a goodnight kiss, please." My voice is imploring, and so is my sex goddess, who's currently feeling shortchanged.

Liam sighs heavily. I purse my lips. Does he find it that hard? Or playing hard to get?

"I can try to make an exception," he says with a big smile filled with mischief. Man!

"You're so full of yourself," I mutter.

"I guess I am. But believe me, I never intend it to be that way," Liam enunciates, and it kind of makes me feel bad from the way he lets it out. "It's quite easy for someone to misjudge the one they don't really know, so I've come to accept it as my flaw."

Oh no.

"I've never really thought of you that way," I tell him truthfully.

He's complex, yes, but it never occurred to me that he's obnoxious or anything similar.

"Maybe I felt you'd understand me," Liam interrupts my thoughts, "from the very first time I saw you."

"Huh?"

"Let's have that goodnight kiss and sleep now, Ms. Jones." He now changes the music. "And I promise you are going to sleep well tonight."

"Oh, yeah?" I chuckle with much delight, wishing every night would be like this.

"I can feel it." He's so boastful right now, and hell I love this version of him, too. "Kissing your lips is something I can do all night long, Ms. Jones. You're that addictive." This gentle whisper is followed by his lips on mine, a very slow kiss that makes me crave for more.

***

The sun rays pierce viciously through the window, making my eyes squint despite my lazy slumber. Is it morning already? I frown begrudgingly, coming to terms with reality. I can feel from somewhere deep in my imagination that someone is stretching the window curtains apart.

Is it Liam? I slept with him, didn't I?

"Rise and shine, sleepyhead!" Sam's voice booms in my ears.