δεκατέσσερα

"It's been so long since we slept in a proper bed

"It's been so long since we slept in a proper bed." JiMin sighed as the group of four came through enormous gates, stepping into Thalassa. 

They'd been traveling for more than week now, so for SeokJin it wasn't that long, but as for the others, who's only nights when they slept in bed were when they came to another village, to stay for one night, it was. 

All of them looked curiously at the white buildings, searching for a place to stay for a night, maybe some inn or tavern would be good. They also had to say goodbye to their horses, because there was no possibility to take them with them on the vessel, as far as they were informed. It wasn't an easy thing for nor of them. Horses became friends to then and SeokJin didn't hide his tears, when he looked at his one and only mare for the last time. 

Goodbyes are really the worst.

Soon after, they finally found a tavern with an unoccupied room where they could stay for the night. Their ship was going to leave the harbor the next day so no matter what, they had to wait for the next morning until they can go on the board. 

They had one evening to just rest, so after eating a not the best meal, they just went to their room and laid on their beds, soon after felling soundly asleep.

***

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" JiMin woke up at the voice of very angered HoSeok, who's sword shined in the darkness when he pointed at an unfamiliar man sitting on the floor and looking terrified, clearly not expecting to be caught red handed.  "Answer me!"

The bot didn't say anything, to afraid to find the sword in his throat if he made any wrong move. He was defenseless and desperate and there was no way he would be able to run away. Finally he spoke, voice cracking, the whole body shaking a little.

"I beg you, please. I didn't mean any harm" He shifted his eyes from one man to another, as all four of them woke up. "I'm desperate. I need money to leave the city or I'll be dead. I don't want it but I have no other choice." His eyes screamed desperation as he looked up at them, trying to find sympathy, but what could he expect from people who just came into Thalassa and moreover they are wealthy, the boy was sure he'll end up here, but to his surprise, HoSeok put his sword away.

"What's your name?" Voice was completely different than before, soft and calm. "And what do you mean that you'll be dead?"

The shocked boy took HoSeok's hand, when he offered him it, helping him to stand up. He never in his live thought that someone would treat him this way, especially when he tried to steal from them.

"JeongGuk" He answered. "I needed money to survive, I have no family and no one wants to hire me, so I'm forced to be a thief... I had stolen something from the wrong person, because of desperation and now I have to leave the harbor to save my life." He didn't had anything to lose so he just told them everything. His on their mercy at that moment anyway.

"None of us approve your way of living, but we do understand that you don't have any choice. We had met various types of people during our travel. I can see that you're being honest. Wait here for a second, we'll discuss something, the four of us and we'll talk to you." HoSeok looked at the rest of his companions and they left the room, to talk, leaving JeongGuk in there.

The boy was sure they were discussing weather report him to the guards or do something he didn't want to think about, but they surprised him once again.

One of the mans who didn't spoke while he talked to HoSeok, JiMin, looked at him friendly and smiled at his friends.

"Tell us JeongGuk, do you want to join us?"