Oh, Mr. Intense.

Nevertheless, he looks awfully handsome that I end up biting my lip, beguiled. Gentle breeze coupled with a familiar voice that I know by heart is what awakes me from my trance. I glance at my neighbor's balcony and find Liam on the phone.

The weak light coming from his room enables me to see him well enough—lucky me. He's at least wearing a T-shirt at present, and he seems to have already noticed my presence as his eyes take me in without shame.

This night keeps getting crazier, and right now I'd really love to know what he thinks of me whenever he gives me such a look—full of unspoken words—for it's hard to feel perfectly indifferent about it, and I know I shouldn't let it affect me.

My imagination gets too wild for me to handle his gaze. I look away, trying to compose myself. But when I turn my attention back to him, he is no longer to be seen. What a shame. He's even turned off the light to his room which makes it completely dark.

I'm strangely disappointed.

I just shut the window, ready to try getting some sleep. Yawning, I stride toward the door that I forgot to lock. However, much to my surprise, the door swings open, and my heart is almost on the floor when Liam walks inside my room without any prior notice.

What is he doing here? My head seems to have a number of questions.

"I'm not sure if I should commend you for not locking your door or not, Ms. Jones," Liam tells me in a hoarse voice. I'm too distraught to even think straight as I watch him drawing himself in, his eyes dark and unrestrained.

"You?" I croak. We're standing one or two steps apart and my legs are numb to make a slight move.

Liam seems quite poised for someone who's just invaded his neighbor's bedroom, unannounced. He scans my room briefly, studying its details, and then he returns his gaze back to me. Boy, it suddenly feels like the storm in the sea—nothing to predict.

Good Lord!

"I couldn't knock since it was already open," Liam says.

Oh, wow!

"And you just had to barge in?" I hurry up to make sure the door is indeed locked now.

"I felt the urge to be here, with you, and that's why I'm here," Liam replies and he suddenly seems perplexed. "I think I'm out of my mind, Ms. Jones." He strides closer to where I'm standing, and my mind goes ablaze.

"Why?" I quiz, beholding his restless gaze that seems a bit unsure, and his lips harden as if he's battling with something heavy inside. My heartbeat accelerates. "Mr. Darcy, you shouldn't—"

"I can't help it!" He grabs my waist briskly and pushes me toward the wall.

God!

"What are you doing?" I pant, trapped in a riptide of strong desire when he restraints my arms to my sides.

"Something I've been dying to do." Liam's confidence puts me in awe, his eyes on my face.

He doesn't do a thing, however, he just stares at me while breathing soundly, beguiling me. My insides churn at the sight of him, undressing him with my eyes. My perverted mind.

He slowly reaches for my face, caressing my cheek with the back of his hand. I tense, shutting my eyes while leaning onto his touch.

"I miss your lips," he breathes, grazing his own lips on mine.

I suck in a sharp breath, relishing the feeling of it. Gently I let him in, and again I kiss this man slowly without haste. My body thrills responsively, and Liam grabs me tightly, freeing my hands in the process. Holy Fuck! I'm so intoxicated by this man, and he knows I do.