Chapter 12

“Come on!! It won’t be that bad and no one will hurt you!!” christien tried to convince Bane to leave the room. He wanted to check on the little boy again and he didn’t want to leave bane to do so. So far, they have been sat on the bed for most of the morning, arguing over it. Bane was winning. “Please, I want to check on the little boy”. That seemed to catch his attention.

“What little boy?” he asked, his eyes flashed red and christien found himself straddling Bane. It took a minute for him to realize that his mate was jealous.

“No need to panic. He was in the same cell as you when we found you so we took him with us” he rushed to explain, running his fingers through Bane’s hair.

“Caden” he whispered, relaxing a bit.

“Is that his name? He refused to tell me” Christien mused. “Can we please go check on him?” christien begged.

Bane hesitated before nodding. Christien didn’t miss the worry in his mate’s eyes when he mentioned Caden. There was nervousness. His eyes kept shooting to the door.

“Hey, nothing is going to happen. I’ll be there always!” christien assured, gripping his mate’s face, forcing him to look at him.

“Thank you” Bane whispered wrapping his fingers around christien’s wrist and leaned forward, kissing him sweetly. When they pulled away, christien smiled down at his mate and gave him another quick kiss.

“Come on” christien said, getting off the bed and extending his hand out for Bane to take. A few minutes later, Bane larger fingers were wrapping around christien’s smaller ones and they were taking small steps toward the door.

When they reached the door, Bane’s hand tightened around christien till it was painful but he just ignored it and kept going. Once they were in the corridor, Bane walked so close to christien, they were back to chest. The tension was rolling off him and christien turned around to face his mate.

Placing his free hand on his cheek, he stroked it lightly and cooed to him that was going to be okay as they continued down the hall to Caden’s room. Christien walking backwards, keeping an eye on his tense mate. Whenever they passed someone, Bane would break eye contact to growl at the person.

“See, we’re here and nothing happened” christien said with a smile as they reached the little boys door. Instead of saying anything, Bane wrapped christien up in his arms and burrowed into his neck. Christien smiled and patted his mate on the back as he felt him tremble. Christien knew he wasn’t crying but he was very touched. “Come on, let’s go in” christien said, when bane finally pulled out of his neck.

When they opened the door, Caden was sat on the bed, staring out the window. He turned his head towards the door when he heard the click of the door opening and closing. His eyes became big saucer filled with tears when his eyes landed on Bane.

“Papa!!” the little screamed and was out of the bed and in Bane’s arms so fast, christien missed it. Bane caught him midstride and bundled him up in his arms as the little boy bawled his eyes out. Bane just held onto him and rocked him from side to side.

Christien moved to the bed and sat down and motioned for bane to do the same, which he did with the little boy still in his arms. Christien settled for stroking t little boys, hair as a warm comfortable feeling settled in the base of his stomach. After about ten minutes of tears, Caden raised his head from Bane’s shoulders and fixed christien with his big grey eyes. One of his thin arms, came undone from Bane’s neck and reached for christien. Christien felt like he was going to cry as he took the little boys hand and stroked his tiny fingers.

“You hungry?” Christien asked. No one needed to answer as al their three stomachs answered for them by letting out loud angry growls. Unlike humans, supernaturals could go up to a week without food but that was starching it.  They all laughed and at the sound of Bane’s chuckle, christien stopped to stare at his mate.

He had never heard anything like it. it was even richer than his talking voice and deeper. His eyes became bright and light. Before he could think, he found his free hand reaching up to cup Bane’s cheek and stroke it lightly, before leaning forward and pressing a kiss to his lips. Bane stopped laughing and stared at Christien, his eyes smouldering. It made christien hot all over.

There was nothing sexual about it; it was just deep warmth of comfort. For once, christien felt absolutely complete. Smiling, he placed a small kiss on Caden’s cheek as well before linking Mandy to send up some food.

A few minutes later, there was a light knock on the door, and the smell of food drifted up to their noses making their stomach cry out for some. Laughing at the sound once again, christien got up to go get the trolley. When the door open, again, Bane growled at the tiny woman at the door and she squealed and ran away.

With a chuckle, he pulled the trolley into the room. Bane pretty much inhaled the food, but when he noticed Christien staring at him, he slowed down his eyes brimming with embarrassment. Christien had walked up to him and gave another kiss as reassurance before returning to feeding Caden himself.

When they were finished, they loaded the empty dishes back onto the tray and lay down on the bed. Caden lay between Christien and Bane. His little fists wrapped around both of their hands.

“Are you going to be my mama? I’ve always wanted a mama” Caden asked fixed his grey eye son christien, who promptly chocked on his own saliva. When he looked up at Bane, his mate just stared back at him with amusement swimming in his eyes.

“Um . . . I’m . . . I'm not a mama. I’m a boy” christien tried to correct the boy, but when the shine in his eyes started to disappear, he found himself rectifying his sentence. “B-but if you want, I can be you m-mama”.

“Yayy. Thank you mama!” he squealed launching himself into christien’s arms. When christien laughed and held him, he burrowed deeper into him and promptly fell asleep. Christien couldn’t help staring at his sleeping face. He ran his fingers over his soft cheeks and smiled. When he felt fingers sifting through his hair, he looked up into his mate’s Green and blue eyes. Before he could a word, said mate, dropped a kiss on his lips.

“I seem to be thanking you a lot, you’ve given me so much in such a short time” Bane said, his eyes full of wonder. Christien could still see the shadows lurking in the blue and green depths but for now, they were at the very back. Reaching up with the hand was stroking Caden’s cheeks; he caressed Bane’s cheeks, running the pad of his thumb across Bane’s lips.

“That’s perfectly fine” christien smiled leaning up to kiss his mate. When they pulled away, Bane gathered both Caden and christien into his arms and they fell asleep.

Much later in the day, Christien was woken with the sound of his dad’s beta in his head.

Christien your papa’s awake!