Chapter 3

Christien was sat in his living room watching television, with his parents fawning over him. It turned out that when they got to school, his friends noticed that he had been passed out in the back seat of the car through most of the ride and had brought him straight home.

“Papa, I’m okay. Would you stop looking at me like that!” he didn’t even look away from the television as he addressed his papa.

“I just worry about you baby. I don’t want anything to happen you” his papa replied, getting up from his seat and coming to seat beside Christien so he could run his fingers through his hair. The action reminded Christien of the dark hair boy and it made him ache. He pulled his head away from his papa and made himself smaller, still looking at the television. He had been given leave from school for the rest of the week to make sure he was okay. It was very rare that a were got sick not to talk of passed out.

“Do you want to talk about it baby?” his papa asked, not trying to touch his hair again. Christien thought for a while before replying.

“It was like a dream but I knew it wasn’t. I was in a garden with a huge moon and a cherry blossom tree” he could see his papa switching into his therapist self as he nodded. “There was this guy, he had the most amazing eyes” his voice got dreamy as he told his papa about the what he had seen when he was passed out. When he finished, his papa didn’t say a word, just left the room calling out to his husband.

Thinking that he must want him to follow him, he went after his papa. He came to a stop in front of the room that used as an office and listen to what they were saying.

“Julian, he’s been dream walking. That’s not a good thing!” he heard his pap wail and flinched. He had never heard him sound so panicked.

“Noah calm down, we’ll just watch him. Maybe it’s a trait of the Blue Crescent?” his dad replied. He knew what the Blue crescent was. It was the pack that he was born into before it was destroyed. His parent never kept anything from him.

“Its not. I had to learn this. It’s a vampire trait. And a very dangerous one at that. Someone who and dream walk can influence whose ever dream they walk into for the better or the worse. You really cannot tell. And it looks like he pulled into it”

“Christien come in here, it’s not good to eavesdrop” his dad called out to him.

“I know I'm sorry” he answered before walking into the room. His dad had his arms wrapped around his papa and they were leaning against the table in the middle of the room. “So...”

“Baby we’re worried. Wolves shouldn’t be able to be pulled into a dream walk like that and so easily”

“What’s this dream walk thing anyways?” he asked his parent.

“It’s just like a dream only the environment is being manipulated by someone. It allows who ever initiated it to communicate with someone who is far away. It’s mostly used to get information out of people the sneaky way. Its very worry if someone is trying to get into your dream Chris. It might be bad”

“But it dint feel bad dad. It felt genuine. I liked it. I miss it” I miss him. Only he didn’t know how to say that out loud without sounding stupid.

“It could have been done so you would feel that way”

“It wasn’t. I could tell. You don’t understand papa. He looked sad. Terrified of something. I... didn’t want to leave him” suddenly he knew how o explain it. “it like having someone take dad away from you and locking him somewhere you would never see him ever again!” yeah that’s what he felt like.

“But Christien, your dad is my mate and our day short of your eighteenth. It’s not possible for you to know your mate yet”

“I felt it papa. And I liked it”