Chapter 7

Christien woke up with a pounding headache. His hands immediately rose up to cup his skull in an attempt to dull the ache. He blinked his eyes open and looked around him. His nose flared out as he took in the scents around him. He was back at the pack house. But how did he get there? He remembered that when he passed out, he was too far from the pack to have made it back on his own.

He suddenly shot out of the bed when he remembered his mate with eyes two different colour. His vision swayed and he wobbled but he managed to catch himself before he fell back on the bed. Slowly he made his way to the door and opened it. As he stepped into the hallway, he heard his dad let out a window shattering howl as the smell of blood filled the air. His papa’s blood. His papa was shot. With silver bullets.

His heart pounded and he started running towards his parent’s room. He could hear the tiny whimpers that his papa let out as he got closer to the room. He rounded the corner to find his grandfather and Sam his dad’s beta trying to subdue his dad and drag him away from the door.

“Dad?” he called to his dad and his head immediately whipped around to look at him. His dad’s black eyes were swimming with unshed tears and he seemed to calm down when he set eyes on Christien. His dad shrugged out of the arms that were pinning him down and trotted toward him. In his normal wolf form, Christien’s dad was easily the same height as christien. He pushed his nose into Christien’s neck and nuzzled him before he started to lick Christien’s check. It was a sign of comfort and Christien easily accepted it. His papa let out another whimper as the smell of blood swelled and Christien wrapped his arms around his dad huge neck keeping him in place.

Christien was dying to ask about his mate and the little boy but he didn’t want to seem selfish now that his parents were hurting. So he settled for running his fingers through his dad fur and chanting that it was going to be okay. Father and son both sank to the floor as they wept and tried to comfort each other.

A few minutes later, Mandy, one of the pack doctors came out of the room. Everyone one – christien, his dad, his granddad and his dad’s beta- turned to look at her. She had a grave look on her face but there was relief lurking in her eyes. That alone was enough to settle Christien’s nerves.

“I pulled out ten silver bullets from his side” Christien winced at that. That amount of silver bullet would kill any wolf on impact. His papa however being directly from the moon kingdom meant that he had a bit more resistance to it. “But his insides are messed up so bad; it might take a while to heal. I gave him some medicine and morphine to help him heal. Being what he is however, he will burn through it pretty quickly so I’ll be back in a few hours to give him some more”. Christien could feel his dad visibly relax at every word Mandy uttered. Turning to his dad Mandy said “I know you want to see him so you can go in, but only you, he needs you the most now and other will just put too much stress on his system. Even though he’s asleep he can still sense hi surrounding” with that, she walked down the stairs and out of the house.

His dad immediately shot out of his arms and started for the door to his room. He shifted midstride and walked into the room stark naked. Christien sighed in relief. He didn’t want to lose his parent and he knew that if something happened to his papa, he would lose his dad and vice versa. But now that his dad was with him, he wouldn’t let anything happen to him. Christien knew that.

Christien rose from the floor as Sam, his dad’s beta started for his own room.

“Sam wait!” Sam turned around and looked at him. His expression was worried but whose wouldn’t be? “Um, was there a man a little boy, I mean when we-” Sam held up his a hand and Christien shut up.

“Follow me” Sam turned around and started for the stairs so Christien followed. “We found you guys some three days ago, all of you were passed out and in pretty bad conditions especially the Luna. We managed to get all of you home in a pretty quick amount of time and sent some wolves in the direction you guys came from to see what was up”

They came to a stop at the pack doctors building. Christien’s nostrils flared as the scent of the boy hit him. Cherry blossoms. He couldn’t help but chuckle at that.

“They’re pretty beat up especially the guy. He is messed up inside. We don’t know what they did to him but he has so much magic and chemicals running through his system, it’s a wonder he’s still alive son” Christien just nodded as his mind wondered to the guy.

Everything about him drew Christien in. his eyes especially. Two very distinct and beautiful colours. Christien had never seen such spectacular blue and green anywhere in his life his mind only faintly registered Sam clasping him on the back and muttering a “Good Luck Boy” before walking back to the main house.

Letting a small breath, Christien squared his shoulders and walked into the building. He willed himself not to follow the scent of cherry blossom straight to his mate. Instead he followed the faint scent of pine to the little boy’s room. Up the stairs, turn right and last door down the hall. He took another small breath before opening the door.

The scent of panic hit him and his head whipped around the room looking for the boy. Christien found him huddled in the corner behind the door. His big grey eyes were darting around the place and his legs were brought up till they were pressed against his tiny chest with his arms wrapped around them.

Christien’s heart went out to the little guy and he felt a strange sense of possessiveness. He wanted to protect this little like he was his own child. Christen shook off the strange mother hen feeling and closed the door behind him. He walked to the boy and sat down beside him. By all the stacks of food piled up by his bedside table, Christien could tell he hasn’t been eating.

Linking Mandy he asked her why they haven’t tried to feed the boy.

Every time we tried, he would start having a panic attack so we left him to try on his own. Her reply was immediate and again Christien looked down at the boy who had stopped shaking and had moved a tiny bit closer to him.

Fine, bring me up some more food and leave it outside the door.

“Hey little guy, my name is Christien, what’s yours?” Christien made his voice gentle as he talked to boy. The boy raised his head from his legs and fixed Christien with his sparkly grey orbs that were swimming with unshed tears. Christien’s heart went out again and a surge of emotion he didn’t know he had came rushing to the surface.  He opened his arms and the little guy came shooting into his arms. He burrowed into Christien’s neck and took in a lung full of his scent before he started sobbing.

Christien felt like sobbing right along with the little boy so he did as he stroked his thin back. They sat like that for a while till the heard Mandy’s footsteps at the front of the door and the unmistakeable smell of food. Both their stomachs growled and Christien remembered that he hadn’t physically eaten anything for close to a week and a half.

The little guy raised his head from Christien’s shoulders and looked at him before they both broke out into quite laughter as their stomachs rumbled together. When they both quietened down, Christien stood up from the floor, taking the boy with him. He walked over to his bed and tried to lay him down on the bed but the boy clung to him, wrapping his tiny arms and legs around Christien’s neck and waist.

“Its’ okay, we can both go get the food” Christie rubbed the boys back as he walked to the door and opened it. He could help but smile at Mandy’s intuition. There was a trolley loaded full of enough food to feed an army. He chuckled slightly as he pulled the trolley into the room and shut the door.

Christie squished the need to find his mate for the next hour as he sat with the boy cuddled in his arms, feeding him. He didn’t speak a word to Christien but he could tell that he boy loved his company and was really comfortable with him. All through the meal, he played with Christien's hair and nuzzled the crock of his neck, taking in his sent as if to calm himself.

By the time they finished eating, the boy was fast asleep against Christien’s side so Christien lay him down to sleep. Quietly as he could, he loaded all the dishes on the trolley and rolled it out of the room. He took another peak at the boy to make sure he was sleeping before he closed the door behind him and wheeled the trolley down the hall. He linked one of the staffs in the building to come and collect the trolley from the hallway he left it as he finally allowed himself to follow the scent of cherry blossom. 

a bit long, but hope you enjoy it. 

read, enjoy, vote and comment. 

Tonia