Thirty-Two

Ellen was in the kitchen, wrapping up sandwiches for the day out. Today was the day where her secret boyfriend would be taking the race of his driving life and Ellen was feeling sicker than ever.

She was still dressing in her red satin gown. Her long blonde wavy hair flowing down over her shoulders. Ellen’s back was facing the door, but she felt his presence behind her.

“I know you upset.” Patrick voice was soft behind her. He walked over toward her, wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her softly on her neck.

Ellen leant her head into his touch. “Mmm.”

“Am I making you feel better?”

“Mmm…” She turned around to face him and pressed her lips against his.

She opened her mouth, letting the kiss deepen. Patrick’s tongue slipped past her teeth, pulling Ellen closer to him. Her hands found his hair, brushing her fingers through his thick dark locks. Patrick’s hands caressed her bum, pushing her closer.

Just as they were about to lose control, the doorbell rang, interrupting the couple from their embrace.

“I’ll go.” Patrick said breathlessly as he pulled away. Ellen smiled and bit her lip as she watch his cute bottom disappear from the kitchen.

Ellen heard Kate’s voice even before she arrived in the kitchen.

“Hey, Kate.” The young actress walked up to the red head and hugged her.

“Are you okay, El?”

“I am now.” Ellen said as she caught Patrick’s gaze who was still standing behind Kate.

They pulled away from each other and Patrick walked over to Ellen’s side, placing his arm around his waist. Kate stood in front of them and stared at them as she tried to get her mind around the couple. Patrick and Ellen remained quiet, but they felt a sense of awkwardness in the air.

“Oh, sorry.” Kate apologised as she realised that she was constantly staring at them. “I just, it’s just…”

“Spit it out Kate.” Patrick chuckled and Ellen elbowed his side.

“It’s like you’re the real life Meredith and Derek!” Kate said astonished.

“Thanks Kate, but we’re actually Patrick and Ellen.” The actress said. Patrick nudged her a little.

“No…” Kate rolled her eyes, knowing that the couple were only messing. “It’s like weird, a good weird. Seeing you two together when you’re not really acting. It’s nice and I’m happy for you both, so much!”

“Thank you.” The couple said together and then turned to face each other. Patrick lowered his head and placed a soft kiss on Ellen’s lips.

“So, are you nearly ready?” Kate asked Ellen as she noticed that her friend was still standing in her red satin robe.

“Err…not quite.” Ellen smirked. “I was just finishing off these sandwiches.”

“Well, now you’re not.” The redhead walked passed Ellen heading for the sandwiches. “I’ll finish these off and now you can get changed.”

“Great. Thank you so much, Kate!” Ellen headed out of the kitchen, placing a kiss on Patrick’s cheek before she ran up the stairs to change.

It was awkward being in the kitchen with his on-screen wife. Of course Patrick knew that Kate had known about the couple for a couple of weeks, but she somehow intimidated him.

“What’s wrong Patrick?” Kate asked as she noticed his awkwardness.

“N…nothing.” The race car driver stuttered. “W…why?”