Twenty-Six

“Nice bracelets.” Kate complimented as she sat next to Ellen for their wrap party meal that Shonda organised.

It had gone so quick and the first episode was airing that night. The whole cast and Shonda were nervous. This was the starting point to a major show that would take over their lives.

“Hmm?” Ellen asks as her hands continued to rub the bangles and stared down at them, not looking up at the red head.

“I said nice bracelets.” Kate repeated herself once again.

“Oh, thank you.” Ellen smiled slightly.

A shade of red washed over Ellen’s cheeks as she felt his presence invade the room. It was mysterious yet very sexy. She still wasn’t ready, not after that last scene; not when they all made a fool out of her. She hated Patrick yet loved him at the exact same time. It was going to be hard. Getting through this meal with him sitting right next to her was going to be so hard.

“Who are they from?” Kate smiled, trying to make conversation with Ellen.

She really wanted to get along with Ellen. After seeing how the young actress acted when Kate walking into that seen, or barged, that seems a better word, she really wanted to make things right.

“Oh, erm…” ‘Shit Ellen, say something, say anything!’ “A friend.”

“They aren’t from the boyfriend are they?” Kate asked with a knowing smirk on her face.

‘Well, I would necessarily class him as that. Fuck buddy maybe, but not a boyfriend. Shit Ellen.’ “No, we broke up.”

She could feel Patrick earwigging in on her and Kate’s conversation. Patrick was completely ignoring everyone else who sat around the table. His ears were solely listening to Ellen’s content voice.

‘A friend? Is that all I am to her?’

“Oh, I’m so sorry Ellen.”

“It’s okay. It’s good actually. Great.” Ellen replied in her best fake smile.

The whole cast say there talking to each other. Well, the whole cast apart from Patrick and Ellen. Now that was a whole other story. They would make eye contact, as they ate. That was they only communication they had going. As Ellen rubbed her bracelets, Patrick placed his hand on his watch. It was a sign, their sign, to know they were thinking of each other. Their actions didn’t go unnoticed by Kate who was sitting next to Ellen. She would constantly peak over seeing both of them looking into each other’s eyes. But it wasn’t her place to say anything. Maybe it was just the chemistry of their friendship.

It wasn’t long before Ellen feel his hand on her thigh. She wasn’t wearing anything, but her favourite dress. Blue. She wore it for Patrick, which was his favourite colour. Her pale legs remained bare and she couldn’t help finding herself flush. Ellen bit her bottom lip, trying to hide all the sensations that she was feeling all over her body, but especially down there. The place where his hand was so close to feeling.

She quickly moved her hand underneath the table. Ellen had to push him away, she couldn’t let everyone sit around and talk while Patrick felt her up in front of everyone. She grabbed his hand and slid it away. However, before she could move her own slender hand back above the table, Patrick had already entwined his fingers with hers.

They sat there, in their silent embrace. Watching, listening and staring into space. They weren’t interested in anyone else. It was Patrick and Ellen, their world. The feeling of their palms pressed together made everything seem saner. The outside world was non-existent, just them.