Chapter Thirty (Completed)

Start from the beginning

Guilt was burying me alive as pulled her back to me, my hand holding her head as I rocked more. I wanted to allow my wolf control but being stuck behind these bars wouldn't get me anywhere and I didn't want to cause Kennedy any further anxiety or panic.

I felt his presence approach from the side, the smell of his scent filling my nose as he stood opposite, five steps away from the cell. I stood up with Kennedy still hidden within my neck as I moved to the bars.

I growled menacingly at him, unable to hold myself back as I watched him smirk. I reached out, my arms filtering through the bars as I attempted a reach him, only for me to instantly pull back hissing as my arms burned from the impact of the silver that coated them.

A low, dry laugh left his throat, humoured by my response, at my failure to attack him. He even amused himself further as he took a step forward, teasing me as I tried to grab him for a second time, this time wary of the silver bars. "You're pure evil and you disgust me."

"You'll learn to love me Lara, we've got a lifetime together for you to move past it. If you simply just stayed with me when I chose you over Bella, we wouldn't be in this position." He growled, his voice hopeful and determined. "This is your fault." He concluded.

I couldn't help but laugh, he was insane and completely deluded.

The sound of my laugh aggravated him, his facial features turning into rage as his eyes opened wider, his chest heaving up and down in fury.

"You really are insane; I wouldn't be with you if it saved my life. You are sick in the head Nate and I feel sorry for your mate."

He growled darkly at me, but our conversation was cut short as the basement door creaked open. A man in his early thirties walked in, he was tall in stature with light blonde hair and his appearance made Nate smirk.

I looked at him, my eyes scanning his whole body as he stood alongside Nate, he looked as vicious as he sounded, and he reeked of power. His Alpha genes surrounded him, his aura strong and dominant. I narrowed my eyes at him, believing him to be Marcus.

"Lara, right? I've been looking forward to meeting you." Marcus stated, a sadistic smirk painting his lips.

I simply growled in reply, my lips curling into a snarl as I held his gaze. I felt desperate, my wolf and I couldn't wait to snap his neck.

Both Marcus and Nate chuckled, staring at me with amusement in their eyes.

A sudden shift in my emotions hit me as I stared at Nate, no longer recognising him as someone I had been with.

Someone who I had shared my life with for years, the caring and kind person I had met. One that loved both Kennedy and me.

There was no sense of guilt or regret within his eyes and that terrified me, he had once held a place in my heart. This wasn't the Nate that I knew, and I couldn't understand why he was doing this. "Why?" I questioned.

"Why Nate, why are you doing this?" I asked, my gaze catching his. It came out like a whisper, but my anger slipped through.

He said nothing and continued to stand there, his posture still and cold, staring at me with no emotion.

"Tell me Nate, why? Just tell me." I pleaded but he overlooked my words, ignoring them. Marcus began to speak, ordering me to shut up but I refused and screamed at Nate once more. "Tell me why." I screamed, my breathing harsh as he turned away.

Marcus snarled at me, moving closer to the cell bars as he caught my attention. "You listen here Lara, you're not in control here. I am."

"You will do what I tell you to do, so shut up." He ordered, his wolf making an appearance as my head darted towards his, my eyes narrowing at his demand. My own wolf making herself known.