Chat was shocked. So, so, shocked. And he felt terrible. He wasn't there, he wasn't there to comfort her at all. And she was suffering because of him. He felt like he'd been punched in the gut three times. And it messed him up pretty bad. She was traumatized, she had to go to therapy. She hasn't gone outside in days because she's scared. And she can't even do certain things because she'll have a breakdown. She was so much worse.

Not only that. She remembered his death. She had nightmares about it, she barely got sleep. Because she was scared of having nightmares. She said she was doing better than her first day's home.

If this is her better what were her first days like?

It made his stomach churn with hurt. He should've been there. But he was so ill in the beginning, and he wouldn't be able to jump across roofs at night without reopening a wound. And if he felt bad about this. He really didn't want to see a frail, shaken, and broken Marinette. Because he'd probably do something stupid in the moment. His cat-like eyes looked at her. She clutched the shirt she was wearing. Chat stood, walked over to her, and kneeled. Like he was some actual knight.

Marinette looked at him confused. He held both of her hands gently, black leather gloves covering them. His pupils dilated as he looked at her. His face was full of guilt. "I'm here. I'm here." He said sweetly, it was soothing and calm. Reassuring all her nerves. "I'm always going to be here Marinette." The beautiful girl before him looked to the side. Her face heating up and becoming a pale red. But she looked unsure, so he grabbed her attention again.

"I promise. But not like before. I promise I'll never leave you again. And if I have to ruin my own life to do so. If I have to run away from home, I will do it. I don't care anymore, the only important thing in my life, the only thing I want to do, is be by your side. Okay?" He stared right into her eyes. This was a promise he was going to keep. No matter what it took. It was truly genuine.

Marinette stayed silent, her mouth left a tiny opening but nothing came out. She was speechless. Her eyes looked over every detail of his face, before landing back on those enchanting acid green eyes. She swallowed. Looking at him with hope in her eyes. She smiled, showing she believed him. There was silence, before he stood up, taking a single hand with him. Her head followed him. And her brows furrowed just a little.

He looked hesitant. But his hand shifted and his head bowed as he placed a tender kiss upon her knuckles. Both of their faces went warm. And she could practically feel the heat radiating off his face. But then he looked up at her with half-lidded eyes. Soft and kind. The facial expression telling her words no one else could hear.

Marinette was taken back. Flustered, her face flushed. She giggled into her shirt as she pulled it over her crimson face. Her eyes switching from him to the side repeatedly. She felt her heart was going to swell up and explode. Her stomach knotting with a familiar feeling.

Chat hadn't said anything. He stared at her. Admiring the sight of the beauty in front of him. He went onto his knees again. Putting his head into her lap. She looked down on him, he purred quietly. Closing his eyes with a grin on his face. "Ma Princess~" Marinette giggled again, such a lovely sound. She cupped his cheeks. "Mon Chaton." She replied. Her hands dug into his blonde locks, his leather ears pinned back and his purr got louder. She soothingly played with his hair. The silence was enjoyable and soon they both found themselves drifting off to sleep.

---

Marinette felt herself wake up. She yawned and blinked, huddled in her soft blanket her eyes fluttered open as daylight hit her eyelids. She groggily sat up rubbing her eyes. Unsure if last night was a dream. But it was so real...too real. She lazily looked around her balcony. Leaving her blanket as she opened the skylight. And going into her room. There was a little sticky note on her desk, she curiously picked it up to read.