"That boy over there, I think he's following us. I saw him right after we left the restaurant. He passed us going the other way. Now he's just right there and he keeps looking over here."

"Well with two pretty girls such as yourselves walking along the river, do you blame him?"

Kelli nudged me with her elbow as she replied with a laugh, "He's prolly checking Destiny out."

"Um, no," I harshly replied." It's you, he's checking out, not me," I told her.

I really believed that while she was undeniably smoking hot, I, on the other hand, was way less attractive than her. So much so that when she suggested we find out, I agreed.

She said she would take our ice cream trash and go throw them away in the trash can near the boy. She said if the boy tried to talk to her it would show that I was right, but if she was right, the boy wouldn't pay attention to her and would continue looking my way.

Kelli hopped up and headed over with our trash. She dropped the containers and plastic spoons into the trash, with the boy watching her every step.

I was relieved to see he wasn't still looking my way.

"Whew," I exclaimed to Aunt Jill. "That's a relief. Look at him. He stopped her before she could even get the trash in the can. What do you think he's saying to her?"

"Well, he's pulling out his phone . . . Wait for it . . . See that. He's putting her phone number in his phone."

I slid backwards against the back of the bench, recrossed my legs, and adjusted the hem of my dress. I really was relieved that it wasn't me he was interested in.

Kelli returned as the boy got up and headed away, in the direction we had come from. She was grinning from ear to ear.

"Guess what," she announced. "You were wrong, I was right."

"Wait what? But he talked to you. He got your phone number."

"Nooooope. He asked me about you and asked for yours."

"You didn't! Please tell me you're joking!"

She continued to grin.

"Kelli, please, tell me you didn't." I pleaded.

I was beginning to panic.

"Kelli," Aunt Jill scolded, "Stop teasing your cousin like that. She's gonna have a heart attack."

"Okay, I did and I didn't. He did ask about you and wanted your number, but I have him a number that wasn't yours. . . Then I told him you currently had a boyfriend but was getting ready to dump him."

"Why did you lead him on like that? Poor guy."

Wait, had I really just gone from fearing the guy to feeling sorry for him?

"Thank you for not giving him my number."

"I told you I would never do that to you, cousin . . . buuuuut, if you decide you want me to, I will. He was very cute. I actually gave him mine."

Keli sat back down next to me and continued talking, "Hey, I'm here to guide you, right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, so check this out. If a boy ever tries to talk to you and you want to get rid of him, try this. Turn your body towards him, keep your gaze on his face and look him right in the eyes. Then reach up and play with your hair."

"Really? That works? How will that get rid of him?"

"Well," she smiled a devious smile, "it will make him nervous having you lock gaze with his eyes and will creep him out. Playing with your hair will non-verbally communicate to him that you are bored and not interested."

At this point I saw Aunt Jill side eye Kelli.

"Wait . . . Aunt Jill, is she trying to trick me? Wouldn't that stuff actually communicate to the boy that I was interested?"

Aunt Jill shrugged her shoulders and with agrin on her face, she said, "I guess you're just going to have to find out for yourself. You'll learn. It's part of being a girl."

This is how it was every time we went out, Kelli teasing me, scaring me with boys, and trying to trick me into showing guys I'm interested. And Aunt Jill letting her do it. For them it was fun and their way of teasing me.

It was so constant that after a while, I began to play along. I told myself it was just because it helped me to not get so freaked out, but deep inside I wondered if I was going along with Kelli's stuff because subconsciously I kinda liked the idea of a boy liking me.

Don't get me wrong. I had no interest in actually dating a boy, my crushes, have always been with girls. I might have subconsciously liked the idea fit a boy liking me, but that just made me feel more girly and confident, I guess.

During that first month of the summer, my chest continued to slowly develop, and thanks to Kel and Aunt Jill, I was so immersed in feminity and so devoid of anything masculine that I was beginning to think like a girl.

So much so that I began to wish my breast were growing faster, and by the end of the fifth week I was actually feeling a little depressed that they weren't bigger yet.

I was becoming so adapted to living as a girl that I was starting to think of myself as one.

My hormones were making me feel and act more feminine, and my mind was slowly but surely changing too. I found myself enjoying the things Kelli and Aunt Jill exposed me to, like shopping and talking about boys and makeup. As mt confidence grew, even my posture had changed; I was standing up straighter and walking more gracefully.

After about six weeks of living with Aunt Jill and Kelli, Aunt Jill pointed out just how natural at being girly I had become. She said that at this point, if we were to tell someone I was really a boy, short of me physically proving it, they wouldn't ever believe it.

As I lay in my bed one night considering this truth, I had another thought. In all honesty, it really didn't bother me that I had become so good at presenting as a girl. Regardless of how difficult it might be for girls to constantly live up to society's expectations of beauty, I was enjoying every moment of it.

That was the night after the pool party. Yes, I agreed to go and yes, I experienced it the way I needed to; in a monokini. That suit was technically one piece but didn't cover much more of my body than a bikini. It wasn't like I realy had much choice. Kelli was going regardless and Aunt Jill talked me into accompanying her. After going and once I got over the nerves and fear that made me not want to go in the first place, I was glad I did go. We had a blast and no one ever gave me a second glance, that I know of. To them I was just another one of the girls.

The only real negative of that day  was that I couldn't stop comparing my breasts to the other girls and feeling shame that mine was so small compared to them.

I tried to tell myself that I was fine just the way I was and that it didn't matter, but it was hard. I could feel myself becoming more and more self-conscious about my body.