Alternate ending

So this is dedicated to Dially, since she really wanted a good ending... So go and thank her for this!
Chilled's POV
<><><><><><><><><><>
My finger hovered over the 'call' button, a picture of Max in the corner. I took a deep breath to calm the nervous butterflies that flew around in my stomach. 'I'm going to do it' I thought to myself and pressed the green rectangle, bringing the phone up to my ear. It rang once, twice, three times until someone picked up. "hello?" a voice asked, sounding annoyed. "umm Anthony" I responded, not sure if he wanted to talk to me. "well Anthony, you're just in time for the show" he laughed slightly, making me get nervous. "what do you mean?" I asked trying to keep calm. there was something... off with him. Suddenly I heard a distinct 'click' and I immediately knew what was happening. "Max! don't do it Max!" I yelled into the microphone. "why not?" he asked. "why not?! Max you're one of my best friends! don't you dare do anything you'll regret!" I yelled into the phone, grabbing my keys and racing to my car, desperate to get to Max's house as quick as possible. "you don't care... no one cares!" he shouted back. That hurt, but at least he was distracted for the time being. "Max, if I didn't care about you, I wouldn't have called, I wouldn't have worried, I wouldn't be pleading with you not to do what you're about to do... think about that Max!" I cried over the phone, already pulling out of my driveway. "No, you don't care Chilled! You just don't want the guilt of knowing you caused your friends death... that's all, nothing more!" He yelled, I could tell he wears crying now by the small cracks in his voice. "Max, I called you today to tell you something really important. I spent the last few days thinking about you. Thinking about the warmth I feel inside every time we touch or I see your smile or hear your laugh... and I finally discovered what that feeling is... I'm feeling love Max, love for you!" I said quietly. There was absolute silence on the other side of the phone, then I heard a 'thunk' of metal being dropped. "M-Max?" I whispered. "Im waiting for you..." he said, a tint of happiness in his soft words...

I opened Max's door and carefully crept over to his room, opening the door slowly peeking inside. I swung the door open quickly, after spotting the unshaven face of Max. I ran over to him, concern painting my face, while a little smile was pasted to his tired face. We stayed silent, neither speaking as I wrapped my arms around him, breathing in his comforting scent. I looked into his eyes and leaned forward gently, softly pressing our lips together for a couple moments of pure bliss. It only lasted a few seconds and after we had pulled away I pressed my forehead to his, gazing into his deep chocolate eyes... "I will love you, forever and always"
<><><><><><><><><><>
I cried more writing this than I did the first ending... also, I'm renaming this story, "forever and always" so don't get confused :3