Chapter 1

Ok chapter one, were makin' progress! Enjoy, and I don't know where this is going to go, so work with me! P.S. I have nothing against Renee... Love u Renee!

><><><>><><><><><><><><><>

Max's POV (fresh meat!)

"I'm sick of you staring at that computer for hours on end instead of paying attention to ME!" She screamed at me. We were having our usual bicker about video games and how 'I'm not a good boyfriend' and 'I don't spend enough time with her' when our fight quickly escalated. She screamed at me for awhile, and I responded calmly rolling my eyes every time she mentioned how 'my friends had gotten between us' I was sick of it. "You know what Renee? I'm sick of this... you have never excepted my commitment to YouTube since the first day I started dating you... I'm done with you, were over!" I yelled at her losing my temper. She glared at me with pure fury raging in her eyes. "you know what? fine!" I could tell that tears were staring to form in her eyes. I wanted to hold her and tell her it was ok, but I knew she would repeat the process over and over again until I quit YouTube or loose my mind. I hated fighting with her, but it was her fault. I mean just two days ago I took her out to a movie and a dinner date. Just us! Why does she have to be like this? I sighed and pushed past her, seeing the surprise in her eyes, as she saw I wasn't coming to comfort her. I grabbed my key from the table in my kitchen and went out the door. I needed to clear my mind a little, before even thinking about returning back to our apartment. Mine now really, she can go back to her parents house, they would welcome her with open arms, while I had no where else to go... I got in my car and rubbed my temple. I can't keep doing this.... I just can't. I put the keys in the slot and turned the ignition on. I pulled out of our driveway and drove around our neighborhood looking for some place to go. I finally decided to go to the lake. I pulled up next to the sign that said 'Meadow Lake'. I loved this place, especially in the sunset. It reminded me of the times when I was young and me and my dad would go to the lake in my old town and skip stones across the rippling water. I got out of my car and walked down the small hill, right up to the gently rolling waves. The setting sun painted the nearly black water with its pinks and oranges. The light shimmering on the surface was broken by my flat stone as it jumped across the water 2, 3, 4 times. The colors danced nervously at the incoming wake that my rock had created. A thin smile tugged at my lips, and I sat down on the sandy shore, leaning back on my hands. I let out a long, content sigh and closed my eyes as happy memories flowed into my mind. I don't know how long I stayed there basking in the different lights of the evening sky, but as my eyes opened again it was nighttime. The reflection of the hundreds of twinkling a stars peppering the night sky on the lake made it seem like a dream, but like all dreams, it was coming to an end.

'Bzzzz'

A text message.... I pulled out my phone and glared at the object that had ruined my nice moment. I checked who the message was from and saw Renee's name pop up.

Renee: I'm sorry I yelled at you baby... won't you forgive me?

I turned off my phone without responding, I wasn't going to forgive her, not this time... We had done this several times before, and each time giving in and forgiving her.

I sighed and turned my phone back on. Where was I supposed to go? I mean, I didn't have enough money to stay in a hotel, and nobody really lived near me. The closest person who I could actually talk to was Anthony, but he was about an hour away. He was like a brother to me, I could trust him with any of my thoughts and secrets. I went to my contacts and hovered my finger over his contact. I shook my head and pressed the name. I put the phone up to my head and listened to the ringing. I heard someone pick up and yawn into the microphone. "dude, it's like 2 am! what do you need?" he grumbled grumpily. "oh crap! I didn't know it was so late... but buddy? I need a place to stay. It's over between me and Renee, for real this time..." my voice faltered, the real situation dawning on me. Tears stung the corners in my eyes. "Oh" was all he said at first. "where are you? im'a come and pick you up" he said tiredly. "thank you.... I'm at the lake, see you in a bit" I sighed and clicked the 'end call' button after he said his goodbye. I sighed and stared into the murky water, waiting for Anthony to make the hour long drive over here.... I wonder why he was always willing to do anything for me. I mean yah, we were really close friends, but I guess I never really acknowledge the fact that I don't know where'd i'd be if we never met.... I sighed and laid back again staring at the shining stars. They reminded me of Anthony's eyes..... My eyes widened as I realized what I had just thought. Shut up brain, stop having weird thoughts. Anthony was just a friend.......

><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ok so I'm gonna have a sucky cover for this book for a bit, because my friend needs to go and make one. I think it will be ready in a week or two.... Right Allison? anyway I hope you guys are enjoying this book so far. Baiii! :D