Was he right? Was everything I was doing right now a desperate act of desperation???

Well he wasn't wrong about the desperate part. I desperately wanted to get the thought of Wally OUT of my head.

I in no way wanted to gain any sort of feelings for the man. And I needed to, as they say, nip it in the bud before it blossoms.

"Hey Dick?" I call out.

"Yeah?" He answers, desperately trying to untangle himself from a pack of leggings.

"Have you ever liked someone that you had to stop yourself from liking anymore?"

"Yuuuuuup," he respond in the most desolate of tones.

That caught me off guard, "I thought you'd date anything that moves... preferably with red hair." I tease.

That made him slight blush, "Hey! Who snitched???"

I giggle in response.

"Who was it? If you don't mind me asking?" I softly ask.

Dick finally escapes from my pile of clothes and proceeds to look up at the sky through my window.

"This awesome girl named Starfire..." He says with so much awe and wonder in his voice.

Starfire...I heard the girls mention that name before.

"She a red head?" I ask snarkily.

"Wai-wha!?" Dick got caught of guard.

"OMG, SHE IS!!!" I accused, pointing at him and tipping backwards while roaring with laughter.

"H-her hair colour doesn't matter!" He responds defensively, "A-and besides...it's pink not red..." He huff's out and then folds his arms and turns his nose up away from me.

"Since when did you learn to tease people?" He grumbled under his breath next while eyeing me.

I got up and walked over to sit besides him on the beanbag.

"Okay okay," I say, "No more teasing, I promise."

Dick looks at me for awhile and then just shrugs.

"It's nothing special, really." He begins to say, "She was just this beautiful, awesome, gorgeous, wonderful-"

"We get it-" I interupt.

"Amazing girl who I was on the same team with back when I was still Robin. I was on alot of teams back then..."

I snicker, "I heard."

"So she was this beautiful orange skinned alien-"

"She's an alien!?" I cry out.

Dick looked at me, "Ya, what did you expect from a name like Starfire?"

"I thought that was her superhero code name!" I cry defensively. "So...you're saying...you could date and have dated an Alien???"

Urgh! What in good God am I asking and trying to imply???

Dick shrugged at my question, "Well yeah, if I like em." He then turns and grins at me.

The little devil was playing with me!!!

I give him a sassy smile and respond, "Well you do date anything that moves and even remotely looks female"

"C'mon! You said no teasing!" Dick said while proceeding to tickle me.

"That wasn't teasing, that was a fact!" I respond with howls of laughter following suit.

We, two grown adults, played tickle fight for a good half an hour before we collapsed on the floor ontop of each other.

As we tried to catch our breath, I look up at him and finally asked, "So why'd you have to stop liking her? She sounds like a great girl."

After Dick caught his breath he solemnly looks down at me, "She had to go home..." He simply responds.

Silence followed suit.

I didn't want to pressure him to say more because he already looked content with the answer he'd given me.

I allowed the silence to stretch for alittle while longer, allowing myself to continue lying on Dick's body and being soothed by the gentle sounds of his heartbeat.

Then after awhile I push myself up and got up off him to proceed to arrange my room.

I didn't speak, didn't say a word to him. And after afew minutes of folding clothes he got up as well and began helping me do the same.

I loved peaceful moments like this, and sharing it with Dick made me love him all the more-

Wait what!? LOVE!? I don't love him!?!?

I try to process what had just flashed through my head and besides me I feel Dick freeze.

I turn to look at him but he already got up to put away afew pairs of my jeans.

Get your shit together, Kara! You are not in love with Dick. This is just a silly crush that you will eventually get over!

I breathe out through my mouth to get my composure as Dick walks back up to me and stretches his arms out to collect the last pile of folded up tops that had been resting on my laps.

I got up as well but a neatly folded set of outfits resting at the edge of my bed caught my attention.

"Huh? What's this?" I walk over to inspect it. "Looks like we missed some."

"No we didn't. That's what your gonna wear?"

I flip around to look at him to make sure he wasn't messing with me. "Are you serious?! You finally picked!?"

He simply nods in reply.

I jump up in glee and race to hug him.

"I was so close to straight up asking you why you literally hated everything I offered!" I cry out.

"Well, that's because they didn't seem good enough." He simply responds, holding onto my waist and slightly tipping me back.

"Good enough?" I was confused.

He chuckles.

Then his laughter dies down and he proceeds to hold my chin with his right hand.

"Someone as precious as you, deserves to be seen at her best." He tucks my hair behind my ear (which I sometimes hated cause I hate that feeling). "So unless it's anything less then perfection, it isn't good enough..."

Can someone remind me how to breathe please???

I realize my mouth was hanging open and quickly close it.

I tug my chin away, trying to hide my massive blush.

"T-thank you." Was all I was able to meekly say, with my heart racing a thousand miles per hour.

"Hmph," Dick fondly sighs at me, "Now come on, the sooner you get dressed and go, the sooner this nightmare can be over."

He turns to walk out of my room and I rush over and hug him from behind.

"Thank you," I say again, much more confidently this time. "I needed that..."

I really did. The confidence boost was amazing and was what I really needed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't get sappy on me!" Dick whines as he peeled me off his body.

He turns and walks out the room and I proceed to get dressed.

🌸✽🌸✽🌸✽🌸✽🌸✽🌸✽🌸✽🌸

Thanks For Reading! Please Don't Forget To Vote And Comment!