Wang Chuan wiped away some sweat and watched the two leave, while her heart continued to flutter with fear. Letting out a long sigh, she heard a quiet sound come from a certain place above her. Immediately following this, Ban Zou’s voice could be heard: “The job of keeping watch at the door really is difficult! Could it be that you’re really missing the days when that girl was living on her own?”

Wang Chuan nodded very seriously: “That’s right. It was much freer when Young Miss was living on her own. With His Highness, there’s truly too much of an oppressive feeling.”

“But of course!” Huang Quan gingerly came out of a corner, quietly moving as if she was a criminal. “Has His Highness left? He isn’t in the courtyard, right?”

Wang Chuan rolled her eyes at her: “You really know how to avoid danger, leaving me to get cursed on my own.”

There was nothing that Huang Quan could do: “Whenever I see His Highness enter the room with our young miss, I get an urge to run away. Really, Wang Chuan, how about we pass along a message to the maidservants in this courtyard. In the future, as long as His Highness and young miss return to their room, regardless of the matter or person, unless His Majesty or Imperial Concubine Yun personally come to visit, stop them all. We must not send reports at that time. This truly is too life-threatening. I still want to live a few more years!”

Wang Chuan agreed with this wholeheartedly, and the two immediately reached an agreement. They then began an emergency meeting with the maidservants and grannies of this courtyard. The summary of this meeting was just as Huang Quan had said. In the future, regardless of what the matter is, it must not be reported. If they wanted to report something, they could either wait for the doors to be opened, or they could wait for either His Highness or the princess to come out. Either way, when the two closed the doors to their room to do “important things,” even if the skies were falling, they would need to get a few tall people to prop it up for a while.

The servants believed this to be correct.

Speaking of the front yard, to describe it in the words of the servants, it would be: “His Highness went crazy!”

That was right, Xuan Tian Ming was indeed a madman. Waving a whip around in one hand, he tightly wrapped up Zhang Yuan then pulled it tighter. If it was not for Feng Yu Heng desperately trying to console him from the side, Zhang Yuan might have been constricted by the whip. Xuan Tian Ming just glared with a gaze filled with bloodlust and gloomily asked: “What did you say? You dare to say what you just said to this prince again!”

Zhang Yuan’s scalp began to feel numb, but he could not disobey. He could only repeat himself: “The palace’s Concubine Liu fell ill, and His Majesty invited Princess Yu into the palace to take a look at Concubine Liu.” After saying this, he immediately closed his eyes, waiting for Xuan Tian Ming to take his next step! Damn it, he knew that he should not have taken up this job. Why could they not have just sent someone else to the Yu Palace? The old ruler insisted on having him come. Was this something to mess around with? If things did not go well, he would be giving his life away! Concubine Liu, that wretch, not much news had come from her for over 20 years, yet she actually dared to fall ill at a time like this. It also happened that the Emperor was getting old now and valued old relationships, thus he listened to Concubine Liu’s family to have Princess Yu enter the palace. He said countless times that he did not want to come, but what was it that the Emperor had said? The old emperor had said: “Xiao Yuan, just go! Based on Ming’er’s temper, if someone else went, they most likely would not be able to return. Only with you going is it possible that he might be merciful when thinking about your years of service in taking care of Us. In any case, he will let you live.”