"Please stop playin with me."

"You know mommy's playing. Gimme kiss." I kissed my teeth before hesitantly placing a kiss on her cheek. She headed into the house and I stayed back, admiring my work for a couple more minutes before giving in and going into the house because a nigga was tired.

*

D e l i l a h . M o n t e z 🥀

Jayden was the worst person to ever give authority to. He boy didn't know how to act when he was given the green light that he was in charge of something.

For the past two weeks he's been planning my damn gender reveal party, and ever chance he gets he reminds me that I need to be nice to him because if it wasn't for his hard work and dedication, I wouldn't be having one.

Imagine how feisty he got this morning when I simply asked him to wash his hands before touching me after he ate a thing of spicy wings for breakfast.

I'm allergic to pepper.

The gender reveal party/ BBQ starts at 2:30 which meant that I had an hour to get up and out of here. I had a whole program planned out before we ever got to the grub part. I had no choice but to stuff my face in advance.

"Delilah where are you?" My little brother called me.

"In my office!" I yelled with my mouth filled with Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Angel stepped into the kitchen and I sent him a wide grin. "That's your third bowl."

"Stop yelling ." I shushed him before my mama could hear. He loudly kissed his teeth and shook his head in disappointment.

"Mama said go shower because you be taking four years to get ready."

"Tell mama I said chill. I'm hungry." I mumbled.

"You been hungry. Come on fat Albert."

"Uh uh! Yo daddy!"

Angel stuck his tongue out at me and exited the kitchen. Feeling pressured, I emptied my bowl of cereal down the sink and headed upstairs to shower.

I felt my phone vibrate and looked down to see it was Jordan.

Jordan: Wyd?

Sender: about to shower. Wby?

Jordan: Bout to ft you

I kissed my teeth and chuckled when I saw the call coming in.

"Jordan what do you want?"

"I ain't want nothing D. I just miss my babies." He smirked. He was laying in his bed comfortably on his side, staring at me through the phone as if I was right beside him. "You just about to shower man? It's 1:45 and you take the longest showers."

"I'm tired of y'all bullying me. Imma be ready when I'm ready. Mind the business that pays you." I said defensively and he laughed.

"You sound guilty."

"You sound annoying."

"Whatever ma. I thought you was finna go shower? Take me with you."