FORTY-FOUR 🌸

J a y d e n . H a r r i s

My ass was bout tired as hell. I thought this shit would've been easy that's why I picked this role. I was planning Delilah's gender reveal party... or gender reveal BBQ, which was tomorrow.

It wasn't rocket science but God damn.

I should've let Zara handle this but I was too pushy, this ain't never happening again though. "Yo Matthew why the fuck you sittin' over there for?" I yelled. We were standing in the backyard where we were having the party tomorrow.

It was almost 9PM and I'm exhausted. In what life does a tough ass hood ass nigga like me be tired before at least midnight?

Matthew ignored me like I wasn't even there.

"Matthew! Get the fuck up!" He kissed his teeth and ignored me again. I was finna floor his ass, on God.

He didn't do nothing but set the speakers up.

"Get out. Go to yo house I don't want you here nomo." I ranted and he busted out laughing.

"You actin' like a whole diva. Chill Delilah."

"Don't even call me Delilah dawg I'm finna trip. Evacuate the premises nigga." I finalized and he kissed his teeth again.

"Where is she anyway?" Matthew asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know. Somewhere bein' a princess. I don't know who she think she is wit' her fat ass self." I paced the backyard. "Who put these balloons over here bro I told y'all that girl don't like balloons!"

"Hayden what the hell is all that shouting about?" I heard my mama's voice book behind me.

"Look ma, this too much aight. I ain't bout it today sis." I muttered and put a hand up. She gave me a look that I been seeing everyday since I was born but the shit still terrified me so I put my hand down.

"You the one wanted this responsibility. Now you pressed. I told you mind ya business when they was talking about it."

She was right. She told me that six different times too.

"Who planning the baby shower?"

"Must be Jordan." Mama scoffed. "His fast ass wanted not only a baby, but two separate events to celebrate the child."

"I'm gonna head out I'll see y'all tomorrow. Later miss Harris." Matthew gave mama a kiss on her face and headed out without saying anything to me.

Whatever. I ain't even mad.

Just then my phone went off and I saw it was a text from Delilah.

D: I hope you not doin too much and stressin yaself out about tmr

Sender: Mind ya business

I read both her text and my response out loud, which earned me a smack from mama. "I'll knock ya ass out for talking to her like that."

"You don't be hitting her and Jerminny when they bully me but I see you ma. Tired of you fakes."

"Boy shut up. Out here looks nice. Ima hire you from now on to plan my stuff." She laughed scandalously as I mugged her.