THIRTY-ONE 🌸

D e l i l a h . M o n t e z 🥀

M O N D A Y

It's now a month into the semester and I've been having the time of my life, which y'all might think is weird, but whatever.

I definitely think that I was enjoying everything because I'd began furthering myself something I had a real passion for, but the more I thought about it, everything had been going fine.

Things were really good with Jordan and I too. We haven't fought in a while, I ain't wanted to jinx it though. There was really only one thing that was bothering me at one point, but I don't wanna get into it right now.

I slowly sat up on Jordan's bed and let my feet hang off of it. I didn't wanna wake him when I started preparing for school. Looking back at him, I saw that he was fast asleep. His hand was tucked under his head and his mouth was slightly ajar as he snored.

I chuckled and got up, hopping around on the cold floor.

My hair was looking so damn crazy, because Jordan's playful ass wanted to fight me before I went to bed last night. I knew I was gonna end up looking like this all day too, because it had been 8:00 and I had my first class at 8:45.

For the past couple of days I've been sleeping through my alarms, which is rare for me because I absolutely hated being late. I tied my hair into a bun and went to take a quick shower.

When I got out, it was 8:20, and I still didn't have an outfit picked out. Most of my clothes had been in the guest house where I moved back last week, but I still had some of my clothing here in Jordan's closet.

I picked out my pink camo sweatsuit and shimmied into it, matching it with my pink UGG slides.

I let my hair fall however it wanted to, spritzed some perfume on myself. As I was about to walk out of the walk-in closet, I heard the sound of Jordan's crutches, and I knew he was coming to me.

Jordan was expected to be walking without his crutches last week or so, but he ended up having to do an additional surgery that somewhat pushed back his progress.

My poor baby.

I know his ass didn't want anything more than to be out here on his two good feet shooting niggas and selling weed, but whatever.

He approached me finally and I turned around to look at him with a smile. His face held a sour expression, which made me laugh. My hands wrapped around his body and I placed a single kiss on his chin.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Why you ain't wake me to drive you to school?"

"I wanted you to sleep in." I said, to which he kissed his teeth in response.

"Come on ma lemme drive you out."

"No baby. Lemme drive okay? I'll be home at twelve, I only have one class today." I replied. I placed a peck on his closed lips, and from the way he sucked in his bottom lip, I could tell he wanted to take it a step further.

That was my cue to leave.

"I'll text you when I get there." I promised him before walking out of the closet, but not before something came to mind that I'd completely forgotten about in the past month or so. "I thought Chanel left the state when she found out you're not the dad?" I asked, turning around to look at him.

"She did." He said with a slight nod, propping himself up with the help of his crutches.

"Why you lyin'? Who that pregnant girl you was with the day before you got shot?" I placed my hand on my hip.