Eighteen

Demi

"That's Peyton down for at least an hour. His naps are getting shorter, my baby's growing up" Nick chuckled as I groaned, dropping down onto the couch and instantly cuddling into his side. "Don't laugh, it isn't funny" I hit him lightly on the chest as he lightly pressed a kiss to the top of my head, slowly running his fingers into my hair.

"He's going to grow up baby, it's inevitable."

"You'd be saying something different if he was a girl."

"Nope, I'd feel the exact same way" it was now my turn to roll my eyes, knowing perfectly well that he wouldn't. Dad's just seem to have a complete different outlook on life when they have a daughter. I slowly pulled myself away from his side, the air around us slowly falling serious. Nick kept his eyes locked on me as he stroked a strand of hair behind my ear. "What did you want to talk about, Baby? I have to admit it's been whirling around my head for the last 3 hours" I lightly giggled.

"You ever dream about the future? You ever dream about what life for us is going to be like in 5 years? Whether we'll still be making music, whether we'll still be together or whether we'll have broken up" I turned my attention down to my hands as I began to nervously play with my fingers. Nick gently cupped my chin, forcing me to look back at him.

"I meant what I said, Demi. I don't ever plan on breaking up with you, you're stuck with me, Baby" a small smile spread across my face as Nick stroked a strand of hair behind my ear. There was a lump slowly forming in my throat though. "You mean the world to me, Dems, and I hope to god you feel the exact same way" I didn't even hesitate when I nodded.

"I-I had a scare today" Nick's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "A pregnancy scare" a look of shock instantly covered his face as I bit down on my lip. "I've been throwing up, I've had a headache and I'm late, I thought that maybe I was but..." I shrugged my shoulders as I glanced back down at my hands.

"So-So you're not pregnant?" I shook my head, nervously awaiting Nick's reaction. Nick released a breathe and dropped back against the couch, his fingers running through his hair. It fell silent around us, my heart pounding in my chest, butterflies instantly beginning to flutter around in my stomach as I waited for Nick to comment. The longer it went without him talking, the more nervous I got. "How-How do you feel about that?" I shrugged, continuing to play with my fingers as I stared down at my hands.

"I-I mean I'm happy because I'm not ready for another baby, but..."

"It still would have been our baby" I glanced up at Nick and nodded. Nick gently wiped at my cheeks. I wasn't even aware that I had been crying.

"I don't want another baby yet but I do in the future and if you-if you don't see..." I was stopped as Nick shuffled himself towards me, his hand moving to rest on my thigh.

"Demi, I want a houseful of babies with you."

"If you want a houseful then I think we're gonna have to reconsider where we live. I don't think this house is exactly appropriate for several children" a smile formed on my face as Nick chuckled. The smile only seemed to widen as he leant to press his forehead against mine.

"Would you?"

"Would I what?" my eyebrows furrowed together.

"Would you move so we could have that houseful of kids?" I nodded without even having to think about it. I want a houseful of kids with Nick too.

"I'd move anywhere with you" his lips delicately brushed against mine and my heart fluttered.

"Why don't we start looking for somewhere more child friendly?" I nodded again, my lips crashing back against Nick's. The kiss grew heated quickly. Nick lightly pushed me back on the couch, so he was hovering over me. "I've missed you, you know" my body quivered as Nick's fingertips ran down my side, circling around my hip.

"It's been a week, Nicholas" he chuckled as he began to pepper kisses along my neck, tiny breathless moans slipping from my lips at his touch.

"It's long enough" the smile on my face widened as he began to kiss down my chest, my body arched into him.

-

"What about this one?" I bit down on my lip as we scrolled through the photos of a house.

"I don't like the colour" Nick chuckled as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "How many bedrooms do you think it should be?" we continued to scroll through a selection of houses. I clicked onto one and smiled as I scrolled through the photos. "I like this one, but it only has 3 bedrooms."

"Why don't we book a viewing? It may be bigger. We could be able to make another bedroom somewhere" I nodded, continuing to scroll through the many different houses for sale.

We spent at least an hour searching through houses until Peyton woke, his whining carrying through the baby monitor.

"I'll go and grab him" I took the laptop from Nick and smiled as he climbed from the bed after having pressed a kiss to the top of my head. The smile on my face only widened as I watched him leave the bedroom, wearing nothing but a pair of boxers. I bit down on my lip as I searched through a couple other houses, only looking up when Nick stepped back into the room with Peyton.

"Hi, Baby Boy. Are we getting hungry?" I took him from Nick.

"You want to go and get some dinner?" I nodded up at Nick as he stroked his fingers delicately through my hair.

"Yeah. Something bland though, I managed to keep down a plain sandwich earlier, but I don't want to overdo it" Nick nodded, taking Peyton back from me so that I could climb out of bed. "I love you" Nick chuckled but leant to press a gentle peck to my lips.

"I love you too, Baby" the smile on my face grew as we began downstairs, our fingers intertwined.

——