Harry and I kick off our shoes in the front porch and then I lead him into the kitchen.

My dad was at the counter, finishing up dinner when he saw us.

"Hi dad." I speak.

"There's my girl." he smiles, walking around the counter and hugging me. "How have you been?" he asks.

"Good." I somewhat lie and pull away from the hug. I gesture up to Harry who was standing next to me. "Dad, this is my boyfriend, Harry."

My dad nods at Harry and shakes his hand. "I'm Corey." my dad says.

"Pleasure." Harry nods in return.

"So how long have you known my daughter, Harry?" my father asks.

Harry looks down at me. "About four months." he says.

My dad widens his eyes and looks back and forth between me and Harry.

"Is she as much of a handful as she was with me?" my dad chuckles, making me roll my eyes.

Harry tries to laugh. "She's great, Mr. White. I'm very lucky." he squeezes my hand.

I smile as my cheeks go red. My dad gives Harry an approving nod.

"Please, call me Corey." he smiles. "What do ya say, Harry? You into woodwork?" my dad asks. I shut my eyes and shake my head. This was all my dad talked about.

"Well..." Harry starts.

"Because if you'll follow me to the garage, I have a whole collection of work I'd love to show you." My dad puts his arm around Harry's shoulder and leads him to the garage. Harry quickly glances back at me.

"Sorry." I mouth. I probably should have told him that my father was a forward person.

I smile and walk over to my mom who was chopping some vegetables.

"Harry seems to be growing on your father already." my mom chuckles.

"Seems that way." I nod.

"He seems like a fine young man, Lydia. Very handsome as well." she nudges me.

"Oh my god, mom." I roll my eyes at her comment.

"How did you two meet?" she asks.

Do I tell her the truth? I guess I can leave out a few details.

"Uhm. I was walking home from work one night and we just bumped into each other." I say.

I see her smile as she looks down and chops a carrot into little pieces. "And he treats you well?" she asks.

I smile to myself. "Yeah. He's great." I nod.

"I'm happy for you, baby." she looks up at me.

"Thank you." I softly smile.

I help my mom finish dinner, and call Harry and my father in from the garage. They both came in laughing and smiling widely. It made my heart warm to see that they were getting along.

"What were you two doing out there." my mom arches her brow while setting the table.

"Oh nothing." my dad smirks while nudging Harry, causing him to snicker.

My mom gives me a weird look, which I return.

Harry sits next to me at the table, while my mom and dad sit across from us.

I nudge Harry with my shoulder. "What happened with you and my dad?" I say, laughing quietly.

Harry's lips pull into a smirk and he just looks down at his plate in front of him. "You never told me you had a fear of Mickey Mouse."