I just laughed, impressed at the never-ending list of things Blake worried about. ‘We’ll figure it out,’ I told her. ‘I never said this first year would be easy.’

    Blake exhaled slowly. ‘Sorry,’ she said, giving me a smile. ‘I need to stop going over things we’ve talked about before. I should just be happy we’re finally here.’

     This made me laugh. ‘Don’t relax too soon,’ I warned her. ‘Unpacking could be even more stressful than packing was.’

    Blake laughed too and gave me a gentle whack on my shoulder with the hand that wasn’t linked with mine. ‘Shut up!’

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     We had to pay the moving men almost twice what we normally would have had to pay, seeing as by the time they’d finished unloading their van it was almost eleven o’clock at night. The amount we gave them was to cover finding a bed and breakfast to stay at until the next morning when they would have to drive back to London in time for their next job.

     They seemed a bit peeved off at the fact that they were finishing so late, and did the job as quickly as possible. When they were gone Blake and I stood in what was visible of our sitting room. It was the closest room to the front door, so after putting our beds in the bedrooms off to the right, and the table in the kitchen behind, they’d just dumped everything in there.

     The room wasn’t big as it was, and it was now filled to bursting with random objects and boxes piled on top of everything. Even the sofa, pushed up against the wall to the left, was covered with boxes, as was every chair in sight, so we couldn’t even sit down.

     Next to me Blake, with her camera still dangling around her neck, took a photo, then scanned the room again. ‘So,’ she said into the silence. ‘What do we do now?’

      I pursed my lips together firmly, trying to resist the urge to cry. ‘I honestly cannot bear the thought of trying to do anything right now.’

      She reached out her arm, wrapping it around my shoulders and pulling me closer to her. She was so tall that my chin just about came in line with her shoulder. I ducked under her arm and moved behind her slightly, hooking my chin onto her shoulder and hugging her little waist tightly.

     ‘Tomorrow,’ she announced. ‘We’ll start tomorrow. I’m exhausted, lets just go to bed. At least that’s one thing that’s there.’

      Neither of us moved, still locked together staring. ‘Yes, but there are no sheets on the bed,’ I pointed out, my mouth moving up and down on her shoulder as I did. ‘The sheets are buried in one of these boxes.’

      I heard Blake let out the tiniest of sighs in frustration. ‘We’ll sleep without sheets, we have duvets and pillows – that’s all we need.’

      I tilted my head downwards an inch, and pressed my lips to the skin on the back of her shoulder. Her skin was such a beautiful colour, golden and perfectly smooth. I had always been jealous at her ability to tan, while my pale skin just fried in the sun, bringing out my freckles.

     She moved finally, taking one of my hands in hers and leading me off, winding a way through the many boxes like an obstacle course. We went through the door into the entrance hallway, down to the end where there were three doors, two to the left and one directly at the end.

     The one right at the end was to the only bathroom in the house, however the fact that it was large and spacious and had both and shower and a bath made up for it being the only one. The two doors on the left led to Flick’s room and mine and Blake’s bigger room.

     We went through to ours, in which there was currently only a double bed, with naked pillows and a duvet thrown on top of it. We hadn’t even thought to bring our suitcases with our clothes in from our car, so we didn’t have pyjamas. Past the point of caring, Blake removed her camera from around her neck and placed it on the floor. Then she undid the button to her skirt and let it drop to the ground. I was too exhausted to even move and so just found myself sitting on the edge of the bed watching her.

      She manoeuvred her bra deftly, extracting it without having to take off her vest top, then dropped it in the pile with the rest of her clothes and flopped on the bed.

      ‘That’s my bra ya know,’ I remarked, staring at it on top of the pile. She’d now crawled over to the other side of the bed, and was pulling the duvet up over her vest and underwear. I turned to look at her.

     ‘Well if I do them as tight as possible, your bras fit me,’ she replied, her eyes closed.

     I chuckled slightly then turned back around. Leaning back so that I could get my stretchy jeans off, I pressed my spine gently against her legs as I wriggled out of them. They were my favourite jeans, dark blue with red and white stripes like the Union jack. I was wearing just a plain white t-shirt on top, which I didn’t bother to remove, taking my bra off underneath like Blake.

     As I lay down next to her, I tugged at the duvet, which she had cocooned herself in, trying to get an edge. She felt the movement, and without opening her eyes rolled onto her side and snuggled closer to me. She rested her head next to mine, in the space between my shoulder and my head. Her right arm snaked around me, slipping under my t-shirt to rest on my belly, the warmth of her skin against mine feeling nice.

     ‘You think this is really going to work?’ she whispered, her mouth so close to my ear that I could feel her breath in it as she spoke.

     I stared at the ceiling and couldn’t help a little smile creep onto my lips. ‘I really do,’ I said into the air. Before I fell asleep I felt Blake gently kiss me under the ear.

***********************************************************************************

Please comment and tell me what you think! Also, vote! Cause I am currently 5 votes away from 2000..... whoever gives me that 2000th vote is definitely going to get a new fan!

Chapter Four will be up some time this weekend :)