Sara: Truth and its Relative Value

Continuing her reflection on the life she'd been given: In addition to its richness, measured in any way, Sara owed Sammy her life. She'd have died a bitter old woman centuries earlier if not for his gift of Immortality. Of course, Sara had been grateful beyond her ability to express herself seriously. So she'd joked that Immortality may have exceeded her first orgasm as her best gift ever, only because it would allow her to enjoy so many more Forever!

But as per the mantra expressed many times throughout The Word of God, which she'd learned from Sammy and long since adopted as her own: Forever was a very long time. And to survive 'Forever' and not join Eve on the rocks and crashing waves beneath the cliff, Sara had discovered that she needed periodic breaks. Changes of scenery, new adventures, experiences, and new lovers to pleasure and have it returned, none of which she'd intended to cause Sammy pain. It pained her that her actions had, but she'd determined that she needed her wanderlusts for her survival, and the pain they caused would be considerably less than having another dead wife to mourn. After spending time away, she would return, always, as promised, rejuvenated and anxious to continue her effort to heal Sammy's broken heart and damaged soul, including any additional harm caused by her absence and behavior.

Some of those actions clearly caused more significant damage than others, even if unintended. Maybe Sara should have known better, but she'd thought it would be funny and fun; it had been both. She'd had no way to foresee the harm those few minutes, an hour at most, would cause, nor did she believe she would ever understand why what she'd done had turned out to be such a significant damned issue, what they did, since she wasn't alone. But it had been her idea.

A joke. That was all it was, a practical joke that she played on a mutual friend – who she knew enjoyed it as much as she did herself, even if he never did comprehend or appreciate the joke. Sara did understand why he may have found that confusing. It had been her birthday, supposedly, by their accounting, her twenty-fourth, three years into her unofficial Immortality. But she'd since determined that she was more likely no more than twenty, which had been the whole point of her joke, even if it turned out she'd been the only one in on it. The Professor and Sammy had both assumed she'd celebrated her twentieth birthday four years earlier when the Professor would have immediately understood the joke and greatly appreciated the gesture. He'd admitted, knowing that her sense of humor was as twisted as his old man's perverted fantasies, that earlier evening, as he'd laid awake in anticipation. But, four years later, her sassy declaration that she had a brand new twenty-year-old piece of ass had been lost in the moment. They'd both enjoyed themselves and one another, and he'd been grateful for her gesture, even if it had arrived a few years late. But it wasn't as though she'd aged beyond his preference. Sara still appeared as she had on her supposed twenty-first birthday, the day she was finally allowed to choose Immortality, which only she suspected was closer to her eighteenth.

She nearly forgot it happened when she woke beside Sammy the following morning. Then she and the recipient of her gesture caught one another's eyes over coffee and shared a private smile. She'd giggled. She thought it was funny. She still thought it should have been funny. She also thought it insignificant at the time. It hadn't been that big a deal. They'd had fun, but that was all it had been, two friends having fun. She thought the inevitability should have been obvious. She was surprised it took them that long. They'd been openly flirtatious and affectionate for years. He'd made his off-color assessments of her beauty since the day they met, always with the best of intentions, he'd assured her.

How was the Professor supposed to react when met at the door by a beautiful and mischievous horny little imp, who was naked, still smelled of sex, and seemed to have little else on her mind? And since she'd refused to wear clothes since her arrival at Sammy's home, the Professor and his three young guests had decided to join in her nudity. The differences in the girls' nether grooming practices had immediately incited an open and salacious discussion of the benefits of bald hoo-hahs, particularly during cunnilingus.