The Girl in the Dreams

Start from the beginning

The girl sat down next to Izuku and gave him an empathetic look. "You said that it's important to help those who love you. Was your mother one of them?" She carefully asked. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to" She quickly added. "No, it's fine and yes, my mother was the only one who ever loved me and supported me. All everyone else saw was the poor quirkless kid. All those looks of sympathy when they found out, like I was disabled or something. It makes me sick. I guess that in some sense the only reason I keep going is because of her. Even if she isn't here anymore, I feel like she's still supporting me, somehow" Izuku said with a saddened expression. "I understand and I'm sure she would be proud of you, no matter what" The girl said.

"By the way, why did you recognise this building?" The girl asked. "Oh, that. Well, you see, this is were my life changed" Izuku replied. "You see, when I was young, I had dreams of becoming a hero, even if I was quirkless. One time, I met a hero on this roof, and he told me to give up my dreams, that they were unrealistic. It broke me, but I got myself back together and found another purpose. Although, I think this building was destroyed in the Musutafu battle" He explained. "You know what I think? I think that whoever that hero is they are an idiot. There are many heroes who barely uses their quirks, anyone can become one with enough effort" The girl said. "Thank you" Izuku said with a fond look. "I..." He began before suddenly waking up from his dream and back into reality, breathing heavily.

Izuku sat in his bed going over what had happened in the dream when he heard a knock on the door. "Come in" Deku said. The door opened to reveal Dabi standing on the other side. "This yakuza brat contacted me. He wants to talk with you" Dabi said. "The yakuza, they're nothing more than an old remnant of the old criminal world. They only want money and power" Deku said with a clear distaste. "But I'll hear what he has to say. Who is he?" He asked. "His name is Kai Chisaki also known as Overhaul the leader of the Eight Precepts of Death" Dabi answered. "I'll meet him, just give me a moment" Deku said and reached for his cloak.

When Deku had gotten ready, he made a portal and came to an empty warehouse were Overhaul was already waiting. "So you're the one everyone keeps talking about. Killing the league of villains and the leader of a revolution" Overhauls said. "Get to the point. I have other things I'd like to do" Deku said impatiently. "I understand, you're a busy kid. You see I have sources telling me that you like doing experiments related to quirks" Overhaul said. "Yes, and?" Deku said. "Well, I have this subject who has a very interesting quirk. A quirk I think can be used to make a quirk destroying drug. Sadly, I have gotten stuck in my progress and I could use another person who could help me" Overhaul explained. "So you want me to help you create a quirk destroying drug. What do I get out of that?" Deku asked. "If you hell, you'll get to share use the product. I'm sure that someone like you could find use of a quirk destroying drug" Overhaul offered. "Fine. I'll give you a visit two days from now so that I can take a look at your research. Then, I'll consider helping you. Deal?" Deku said. "Deal" Overhaul replied. "Good, I'll see you then" Deku said and left through a portal.

"So what do you think of him?" Dabi asked as Deku returned to the secret facility. "He thinks he is tricking me" Deku said with a scoff. "So he just wants to use you?" Dabi asked. "Yes. He wants me to help him with his project and then he'll distribute this quirk destroying drug to me and other villains for us to use against heroes. However, he's a yakuza, he wants to earn money and power, so he'll make an antidote and sell that to the heroes. He'll have a never-ending war were both sides will come to him for a product which he both controls supply and demand. I just want to get a closer look, I have no intentions of helping him. We'll destroy them eventually anyways" Deku explained. "Actually, I don't think we need to bother to destroy them. From what I have gathered, there's a hero agency that is currently investigating them" Dabi said. "More the reason to get a look as quickly as possible. Anyways, let's get back to recruiting" Deku said. "Wouldn't it be easier to just make enough nomus to topple the government?" Dabi wondered. "We could, but it wouldn't work in the long run. We would just been seen as conquerors without the support of the people. I we want the new order to last, we need the support of the people and that means having a revolution that succeeds because of them not some mindless nomus" Deku explained.

The night before he was supposed to visit Overhaul, Deku once more woke up in his shared dream landscape, this time before the girl. "I guess she's still awake" He mumbled to himself and stayed on the roof, waiting. After a short while she did appear next to him on the roof. "Look who's finally is here" He remarked. "I had a busy day today, so I had trouble sleeping. I guess the coffee didn't help either" The girl replied. "I know that feeling" Deku said with a chuckle. "Also, since we know that we are in Musutafu now why not see how UA looks?" He suggested. "Alright" The girl agreed as they both started heading back down to the street. "By the way, last time we had this dream, right before we woke up, what were you about to say?" She asked. "I... Just forget it, I don't even remember what it was anymore, probably nothing" Deku replied and kept on going.

Eventually, the girl and Deku reached the unmistakable shape of the UA campus. Easily recognisable, even if it was covered in fog. "It looks so much grimmer than usual" The girl commented. "You've been here before?" Deku asked. "W-well I-I know someone who w-works here and they have showed me around before" She stuttered. "Then I guess you wouldn't mind showing me around" Deku said and gestured for the girl to go ahead of him. "Of course" She replied and began showing Deku around the campus.

Despite of his resentment for the school, Deku couldn't help but enjoy his guided tour around the campus. The girl showed him around with such a bubbly happiness that he couldn't help enjoying it himself. After having been shown the main building and the dorms the girl started showing him a more remote part of the campus, covered in trees. "This is probably one of my favourite places at UA. My friend often walks around here with me when we talk" The girl said as she and Deku walked among the trees. "It's also where he gave me something important" She added. "And what did he give you?" Deku asked. "Hope. That is what he..." The girl began, but suddenly stopped when both her and Deku felt a massive headache.

Deku could barely breathe because of the intense pain in his head. Then, he saw images of someone else's life flashing through his head. Images of a brown-haired girl growing up in a poor household with her parents always working. A girl who wanted to help her parents and everyone else. A girl who joined UA's hero course in class 1-A and was at the USJ when the league of villains and Deku attacked. A girl who afterwards was approached by All Might who saw the sign of a true hero in her. A girl who trained hard so that she could receive one for all. A girl who right before going with her class to a training camp received one for all from All Might.

Once the last image of All Might holding out a strand of hair to a brown-haired girl and exclaiming 'Eat this!' passed through Deku's mind, the headache suddenly stopped. He slowly looked around and noticed that he was no longer covered in black fog. He then looked at the girl who he had just seen the life of, now also without fog covering her body. "Deku" she hissed as angry tears started falling down her cheeks. "Uraraka" Deku said in disbelief, right before dodging said girls fist.

A/N: All Might's successor is revealed, and her name is Ochako Uraraka and she and Deku is forced to share dreams. At the same time, Overhaul is starting to make moves. How will Deku react when he sees who Overhaul is testing on? You'll have to wait until the next chapter, which will probably not come out as fast as the last few ones since School is starting again. Anyways, I really like writing the dynamic between Deku and Uraraka in their dreams, and considering they now know who the other person is, it'll probably be even more fun. It might move into Izuocha territory depending on where I want the story to go. Anyhow, I hope you're all having a wonderful day. Goodbye.