Chapter 7: Siblings, Breakdowns, and Wise Little Sisters

I apologize sooo much for not posting this earlier!! I've got 10 Chapters written, including the six already on here and I promise to post the next 3 right after this!! <3

~*~

Memories came rushing back to her about those days, the days she had been here when she wasn't supposed to have been, the days where she and Peter actually began to get along, the days she and Peter loved each other...

When she somehow was dragged into Narnia after her and Dylan's...

"That's why I had dreams about this place. They weren't dreams... They were memories!" Layla exclaimed.

"But if you were here before then how come we don't remember you?" Edmund asked.

"I erased your memories using my magic, and Aslan covered the rest of my tracks before he helped me bury my own memories and go back." Layla explained as she remembered Aslan explaining to her that she hadn't been meant to stumble upon Narnia yet, how she had needed a place of solitude and cried for help, and Narnia had responded, pulling her into the world.

"So does this mean..." Yvainne asked turning to Peter. "She's you're queen."

"No. She's not. If Aslan covered it up, he must've destroyed the documents. We aren't married legally. She isn't my queen." Peter said in a matter-of-fact tone, and though nobody else knew, he wanted to put one little word to the end of the sentence that would fix the hurt that suddenly appeared on Layla's face.

The three letter word that was, yet.

"So... What is this place?" Lucy asked Caspian then, trying to diffuse the tension and the awkwardness.

Caspian was shocked. "You don't know?" He asked confused. When they all gave him blank looks he grabbed the torch off of the wall and led them down a hallway. Layla made to stand next to Peter both anxious and nervous about where Caspian was leading them. Now that Layla knew that he had loved her—that they had been serious enough to get married before—she found comfort in being next to him.

They entered through a door way and Caspian walked over to something, lowering his torch to it. Layla jumped when whatever it was lit on fire, her hand finding its way to Peter's.

When the room was fully lit Layla couldn't believe her eyes.

"Jared? Carissa?"

Layla stared in shock at her long lost brother and sister.

She knew it had been coming but she still couldn't believe it. With a happy cry Layla ran to the arms of her brother and sister, as did Yvainne. Tears began to fall from Layla's eyes as she looked at her brother. He had aged but thankfully he still looked about the same, as did Carissa, who looked almost exactly the same as before.

Then came her anger.

"Where the hell have you two been for the last 6 years?" Layla shouted at them, almost jumping out of their arms, they looked at her surprised, having never seen this side of her. "Do you know how worried we've been? Mum almost had you two declared dead because they couldn't find you or your bodies!" The tears falling from her eyes showed that she had been pushed to her limit for the day. She began to back out until she backed into someone.

She turned to see it was Peter, and that was when she broke. She ran.

Just like that day, 6 years ago when they had disappeared.

~*~

Lucy turned to look at the table and then at the lion on the wall, "He must know what he's doing." She said, nobody else seemed to catch the double meaning.