Chapter 6: Questions, Creatures, and Clicking

Layla awoke next to Peter and Yvainne. Sitting up she noticed that first of all something was off... Pulling a piece of her hair between her fingers she noticed it wasn't red anymore, it was... "Blonde?" Layla muttered confused. It was her natural hair color.

She'd worry about what happened later, she decided as she looked around and noticed that, besides herself, there were only 5 people, but there was supposed to be 6.

Lucy.

Layla smiled as she stood and began to head into the forest. She was so close, but stopped to look back, her eyes landing on her sister and then on Peter, thinking of the night before. Then she headed into the forest.

It was a short and easy walk, which confused Layla seeing as just last night she'd been unable to walk thanks to her ankle. She had just seen a dryad when she first saw the golden mane. She smiled, "Aslan."

With that she approached the lion and then curtsied. "Your majesty."

"Rise, Future Queen." Aslan told her with what Layla could only classify as a smile. Layla did as she was told. "Now I expect you have some questions for me."

"Why are Yvainne and I here?" she blurted out immediately. The look Aslan gave her made her feel stupid for asking such a question.

"I believe you know the answer to that. Even if you don't know that you do yet." Aslan told her, Layla looked at the ground and then up at the sky, trying to think of another question.

"I am a witch now?" she asked then.

"You are a sorceress, yes. There is a difference." Aslan told her. Layla remembered the story of the White Witch and nodded in understanding. Then something clicked.

"You called me future queen?" Layla questioned. Aslan's face spread into what she could only classify as a smile.

"Yes." He replied giving her a look that said, 'Next'. Layla sighed.

"Are Carissa and Jared here? In Narnia?"

"The answer will be revealed in time." Aslan was starting to sound like one of those stupid 'Magic 8 Balls' now. "Layla," Aslan said to get her attention, "You are a smart girl, all you need to learn is to listen to your heart. You know the answers you just refuse to acknowledge them."

"I'm going to have to die, aren't I?" Layla asked suddenly. She didn't know where the question had come from, it had just come out suddenly.

"All will soon be revealed." Aslan said with a smile. Then everything disappeared.

When Layla woke up for real, it was almost exactly as it had been in her dream. But now there were 4 people still there, and it was Lucy, and Peter, who were missing. Layla rolled her eyes as she pulled a piece of her hair in front of her. Blonde. With a sigh she pulled her hair back and began to stand up.

It wasn't a very smart thing to do.

Layla cried out in pain as she fell back to the ground awaking the other 4 who were still asleep.

"What's wrong?" Edmund mumbled sleepily.

"Where's the other two?" The dwarf asked.

"Layla?" Yvainne questioned in confusion.

"I have a weapon!" Susan called out as she sat up quickly. The looks she received caused her to blush before she turned around to face Layla who was trying a spell to fix her ankle.

"We should go find Peter before he does something stupid." Layla said as she finished the spell, the others nodded in agreement.

~*~