Lena was starting to get worried about the state she was in, because surely people weren't... you know... built to be this happy? I mean, that's what this was, right? This feeling like she was floating on clouds while tiptoeing around the edge of the bed and fidgeting with her fingers, all while continuously throwing glances over at a still snoring Kara and feeling like any second her heart was going to burst out of her chest and start doing the macarena.

Lena covered her face with her hands, shaking her head at herself without ever losing her ridiculous grin. I mean, come on, Kara was going to wake up soon. She didn't need to get caught staring at her, so she should really get a grip. Lena kept pacing, trying to shake off her ecstatic energy but unable to keep from glancing back at her sleeping girlfriend. She needed to find some composure, maybe muster up some dignity, but honestly who needs dignity?!

This is so much better!

Lena almost jumped two feet in the air when the telltale buzzing of her phone sounded from somewhere nearby, pulling her out of her staring contest with Kara's bare back. At first she looked for her purse, but then realised she'd dropped it by the front door last night. Upon following the sound, she realised her phone had ended up halfway under the bed somehow, so she hurriedly snatched it off the floor and tapped the button to take the call. When she straightened up, she saw that Kara was still snoring and appeared completely unperturbed by anything going on around her. Lena's giddiness forced a smile back onto her face.

"Hello?" Lena whispered, reluctantly moving a little further away from the bed. "Hector, what- slow down, what do you-" Lena frowned, her assistant's rapid-fire slew of words taking her out of her bliss. She pinched her nose and let out a breath. "Alright. Yes, I'll be there as fast as I can."

She hung up with a sigh, glancing back over her shoulder at the sleeping angel on the bed, before shaking her head and attempting to shift into work mode. She collected her clothes off the floor and got dressed as quietly as possible, then searched for Kara's notepad in the drawers of her nightstand. She paused after scribbling an apology and an explanation that she was needed at L-Corp, biting her lip as she watched Kara shift and make a little sleepy noise. And once more, her giddiness refused to be contained, as she smiled brightly to herself as she left the apartment.

But not before drawing a little heart under her scribbled message.

Love could be silly like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I told Hector it was fine!" Jess bristled as she accompanied her boss back to the top floor office.

"And I told you to let me know when things get too much. Guess you're both not very good at taking directions."

Jess gave her a displeased frown, but Lena just thought it looked hilarious. Then again, anything seemed like a good reason to smile this morning. Lena was just giving the closed doors of the elevator a dopey look (as one does) but Jess suddenly sounded hesitant beside her.

"Are you okay, Ms. Luthor?"

Lena turned her head, giving the woman a confused smile. "What do you mean?"

"It's just..." Jess frowned, giving her a suspicious look. "You're never this chipper in the morning."

"Are you saying I'm always grumpy?"

"No! I- I didn't- mean that-" Jess shut her mouth as Lena let out a bright laugh, shaking her head at her CFO falling for that. "You're making fun of me."